The truth will be out there for another revival season FOX confirmed today. That’s right, Fox Mulder and Dana Scully are coming back for a second (11th) season after their six episode “event” in 2016.
“Iconic characters, rich storytelling, bold creators – these are the hallmarks of great TV shows. And they are some of the reasons why The X-Files has had such a profound impact on millions of fans worldwide,” said Fox president David Madden. “Chris’ creativity, along with the brilliant work of David and Gillian, continue to propel this pop culture phenomenon, and we can’t wait to see what fresh mysteries Mulder and Scully uncover in this next chapter of The X-Files.”
Fans are rightly torn, while yes *some* of the limited series was fine, on the whole it was largely disappointing. It became increasingly apparent that Chris Carter (series creator) had lost the flavor of his main characters, negating so much of the personalities and development we’d seen over the 9 seasons and two movies. His written episodes of “season 10” were the weakest and least enjoyable.
The current time-frame is that “Season 11” will air on Fox later this year, or perhaps in January of 2018. (Season 10 was a January start, so maybe they’ll keep with that timing.) Production is set to start sometime this summer.
We know that Gillian Anderson (Scully) and David Duchovny (Mulder) are both confirmed to return, making 2017 a busy year for Anderson as she is playing Media in the STARZ American Gods series which airs on April 30th.
- Watch: First Trailer for Mozart in the Jungle Season 4 - December 11, 2017
- Netflix’s ‘The Witcher’ Series Gets Writer, Showrunner - December 11, 2017
- New Ready Player One Trailer Is a Basket of Easter Eggs for Fans - December 10, 2017
- Brand New Trailer for Ready Player One Hits - December 10, 2017
- Watch: Livestream with Ernest Cline and New Ready Player One Trailer - December 10, 2017