Jam City and Peanuts Worldwide announced the start of pre-registration for Snoopy Pop, which is a bubble shooter game starring the beloved Peanuts characters and Snoopy alter-egos from the classic comic by Charles M. Schulz. Fans can now sign up to be notified when the new game launches and receive a “Snoopy-licious in-game gift.” Personally though, I have to wonder if anyone still plays bubble shooter games anymore? Seems like this would have gotten more attention a few years ago.
In terms of story, well, you’ve got to rescue Woodstock and his flock of birds who have been trapped in bubbles by strategically popping them. Like you do in any bubble shooter. This one’s just got Snoopy all over it. The game is F2P and expected to officially launch in early summer 2017.
The announcement came with the following statements from JamCity and Peanuts Worldwide:
“We are so honored to be creating a game with one of the world’s most loved and iconic brands,” said Josh Yguado, co-founder and president of Jam City. “The rich legacy of the Peanuts gang inspires our team and with Snoopy Pop we want to create a mobile game that lives up to the genius of Charles M. Schulz.”
“Working with partners who truly understand the heart of the brand and characters is paramount to Peanuts Worldwide,” said Roz Nowicki, Executive Vice President of Peanuts Worldwide and Iconix Entertainment. “Jam City has demonstrated great care and skill in helping bring Snoopy, Woodstock, Charlie Brown, Lucy and the entire Peanuts gang to a new generation of audiences. We are thrilled that people around the world who love Peanuts will be able to have so much fun playing Snoopy Pop.”
Snoopy Pop gameplay features include:
- Fun, varied, dynamic and challenging puzzles
- Fresh new levels, characters, worlds and events added regularly
- Collections of character game pieces, boosters and more
- Unique character based power-ups, like Charlie Brown’s Kite
- Game modes featuring Snoopy’s colorful alternate personas such as The Flying Ace and Masked Marvel
- Events based on classic storylines and holiday specials
- Maps, obstacles and boosters that capture the spirit of Peanuts
- Original licensed music from the Peanuts holiday specials