A single post-credit scene is standard practice for a superhero movie, maybe even common courtesy (we’re looking at you, Logan). Two post-credits scene are perfectly acceptable, depending on the circumstances. More than that, though, would be extremely reckless. Standards of decency aren’t about to stop Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn, however. Gunn, a loose cannon who doesn’t follow the rules of “the man,” has apparently added five post-credits scenes to Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, shirking all conventional wisdom and challenging the very definition of a movie itself.
The news was revealed by Gunn via Twitter, responding to reports that critics with early access to the film were shown four post-credits scene, a number which, on its own, seems totally @#$%ing insane. However, Gunn wasn’t done, telling ScreenRant:
@screenrant Well, five, actually. 😊
— James Gunn (@JamesGunn) April 18, 2017
It’s unknown at this time why James Gunn would so nonchalantly threaten to destroy the movie industry as we know by putting five post-credits scenes in a superhero movie, and we understand that this will probably be upsetting to many of our readers. But Gunn isn’t backing down, which means we’re just going to have to wait until Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 hits theaters on May 5, watch the five post-credits scene, and hope that when we step outside the movie theater, the world hasn’t fallen into complete anarchy.
- Roman Reigns, Batman, And The Undertaker Unbox April’s Revenge-Themed Comic Bento Subscription Box - April 30, 2017
- Report: Debut Of Total Divas Stars Brie Bella And Daniel Bryan’s Baby Pushed Back One Week - April 30, 2017
- Report: Eccentric Former WWE Superstar Hulk Hogan Maintains Gigantic Collection Of Used Bandannas - April 29, 2017
- Kieron Gillen Works To Raise Voter Turnout… For Star Wars Action Figure Fan Poll Featuring Doctor Aphra - April 29, 2017
- Kate McKinnon/Mila Kunis Comedy The Spy Who Dumped Me To Take On Ant-Man And The Wasp In July 2018 - April 29, 2017