Either someone in the research department of Ellen DeGeneres‘ daytime talk show was playing a nasty prank on host, or they made a truly epic mistake last week. During a bit where DeGeneres asks the audience to decide whether a name on the screen belongs to a Coachella band or a professional wrestler, the name in question was Pegasus Kid.
— Brian The Guppie (@briantheguppie) April 15, 2017
Unfortunately, Pegasus Kid was the pro wrestling name of Chris Benoit when he wrestled in Japan. A multi-time world champion with a 22 year career, Benoit is most famous for murdering his wife and child before killing himself in 2007. Depression and the effects of multiple concussions on his brain likely played a part in the murders.
One of pro wrestling’s biggest scandals, Benoit’s name is never even spoken by WWE, so it was jarring to see him used in a comedy bit on the show, even if Ellen probably had no idea who Pegasus Kid really was.
- British Snack Company Walkers Apologizes After Featuring Pro Wrestling Murderer Chris Benoit In Crisps Ad
- Little Shop Of Horrors Returns To Theaters For 2 Nights Only This Halloween, But What’s Trump Got To Do With It? - October 19, 2017
- Elite Retailer Cabal ComicsPRO Targets Portland For February Meeting, Plans Fall Expansion - October 19, 2017
- Marvel Goes Tabloid, Reveals Spider-Man’s Arrest Warrant - October 19, 2017
- Man Dressed As Pikachu Caught By Secret Service After Hopping Barrier At White House - October 19, 2017
- A Ghostbusters Tease From Tom Waltz, Erik Burnham, And Dan Schoening For February - October 19, 2017