Either someone in the research department of Ellen DeGeneres‘ daytime talk show was playing a nasty prank on host, or they made a truly epic mistake last week. During a bit where DeGeneres asks the audience to decide whether a name on the screen belongs to a Coachella band or a professional wrestler, the name in question was Pegasus Kid.
— Brian The Guppie (@briantheguppie) April 15, 2017
Unfortunately, Pegasus Kid was the pro wrestling name of Chris Benoit when he wrestled in Japan. A multi-time world champion with a 22 year career, Benoit is most famous for murdering his wife and child before killing himself in 2007. Depression and the effects of multiple concussions on his brain likely played a part in the murders.
One of pro wrestling’s biggest scandals, Benoit’s name is never even spoken by WWE, so it was jarring to see him used in a comedy bit on the show, even if Ellen probably had no idea who Pegasus Kid really was.
- Report: Debut Of Total Divas Stars Brie Bella And Daniel Bryan’s Baby Pushed Back One Week - April 30, 2017
- Report: Eccentric Former WWE Superstar Hulk Hogan Maintains Gigantic Collection Of Used Bandannas - April 29, 2017
- Kieron Gillen Works To Raise Voter Turnout… For Star Wars Action Figure Fan Poll Featuring Doctor Aphra - April 29, 2017
- Kate McKinnon/Mila Kunis Comedy The Spy Who Dumped Me To Take On Ant-Man And The Wasp In July 2018 - April 29, 2017
- Hackers Release 10 Full Episodes Of Orange Is The New Black Season 5, Fail To Understand How Binge Watching Works - April 29, 2017