Either someone in the research department of Ellen DeGeneres‘ daytime talk show was playing a nasty prank on host, or they made a truly epic mistake last week. During a bit where DeGeneres asks the audience to decide whether a name on the screen belongs to a Coachella band or a professional wrestler, the name in question was Pegasus Kid.
— Brian The Guppie (@briantheguppie) April 15, 2017
Unfortunately, Pegasus Kid was the pro wrestling name of Chris Benoit when he wrestled in Japan. A multi-time world champion with a 22 year career, Benoit is most famous for murdering his wife and child before killing himself in 2007. Depression and the effects of multiple concussions on his brain likely played a part in the murders.
One of pro wrestling’s biggest scandals, Benoit’s name is never even spoken by WWE, so it was jarring to see him used in a comedy bit on the show, even if Ellen probably had no idea who Pegasus Kid really was.
- British Snack Company Walkers Apologizes After Featuring Pro Wrestling Murderer Chris Benoit In Crisps Ad
- Nick Spencer Leads Creative Team Of ‘Not Brand Echh’ For Marvel Legacy In November - August 18, 2017
- DC Announces Black Lightning: Cold Dead Hands Mini From Tony Isabella And Clayton Henry For November - August 18, 2017
- SummerSlam Protestors Want Donald Trump Out Of The WWE Hall Of Fame - August 18, 2017
- New Marvel Hire Donny Cates Says Writing Thanos Comic Gave Him Nightmares - August 18, 2017
- Mystery Villain Leads New Sinister Six For ‘Spider-Man’ From Bendis And Bazaldua - August 18, 2017