Welcome to This Day in Pop Culture History, a daily look at important events, birthdays, and other oddities in pop culture! History is important, and we aim to educate here at Bleeding Cool, so without further ado, here are some things that have happened on April 16, the 106th day of the year:
1943- Albert Hoffmann accidentally finds the hallucinogenic effects of the drug he was researching, LSD.
2012- The Pulitzer Prize winners are decided, and for the first time since 1977, no bookworm fiction prize.
Today in gaming history saw the release of Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (2001), Breath of Fire 2 (2002), Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee (2003), The Sims 2 Double Deluxe (2008), Injustice: Gods Among Us (2013)
Today in Pro Wrestling history, in 2007 on a Monday Night Raw live from Milan, Italy Santino Marella made his WWE debut, pretending to be Adam in the front row picked by Vince McMahon to face the Intercontinental Champion Umaga. To the surprise of everyone, and thanks to some interference from Bobby Lashley, he won and became champion in his first match.
Today in Bleeding Cool history, in 2012 we took a look at the most expensive collectors check in History: the check that bought Superman.
Today’s Birthdays include Charlie Chaplin actor (1889), Kareem Abdul-Jabbar athlete (1947), Billy West voice actor (1952), Ellen Barkin actress (1954), Jon Cryer actor (1965), Martin Lawrence actor/comedian (1965), Vickie Guerrero pro wrestling manager (1968), Gina Carano mma fighter/actress (1982)
Happy Easter to those that celebrate it!
- My Little Pony: The Movie Gets New Song From Sia, And A Video - September 19, 2017
- Funko NYCC Exclusives: Rick And Morty, Marvel, TV, And More! - September 19, 2017
- ‘Star Trek: The Next Generation’ Gets The Tiki Mug Treatment From Geeki Tikis And ThinkGeek - September 19, 2017
- Shaolin Cowboy Gets The Coolest Figure Imaginable From 3A - September 19, 2017
- James Gunn Is Getting His Own Funko Pop At NYCC - September 18, 2017