The day might be over in Orlando at Star Wars Celebration, but that doesn’t mean that news and updates have stopped emerging. Fandango’s managing editor Erik Davis managed to speak to Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Episode VIII) star Daisy Ridley about the film. Sounds like she hasn’t seen it yet, but that doesn’t mean that there aren’t others who have; she said:
I’ve spoken to a number of people that have seen a rough cut [of The Last Jedi], and theyone’s “it’s different, it’s different.”
She goes on to elaborate on how The Force Awaken’s director J.J. Abrams had set the stage in returning to the Star Wars universe and bringing in a new generation of fans, but now with regards to the new director for Last Jedi, Rian Johnson we might be in for something… else.
With Rian’s vision and his image. And also I think he [J.J.] brought the old fans back and the new fans in, and he had all this stuff. And Rian had more room to kind of do his thing.
So what that means is that J.J. showed that Star Wars could continue with sequels to the original trilogy without George Lucas at the helm. Now that Rogue One had it’s own positive response going away from the feel of episodes I-VII, Rian has been able to continue working outside the bounds of the original box in terms of thematic elements and tone.
— ErikDavis (@ErikDavis) April 14, 2017
- Power Ranger Jason David Frank Responds To Being Target Of Heavily Armed Suspect At Phoenix Comicon - May 27, 2017
- Bill Reviews Baywatch – A Rare Find In Cinema: A TV Series Adapted To Film That Isn’t Completely Terrible - May 27, 2017
- Bill Reviews Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales – Just As Forgettable As The Last One - May 26, 2017
- 19 Dead, Around Injured In Explosion At Ariana Grande Concert At Manchester Arena, Treated As A Terrorist Incident - May 22, 2017
- Review: Finally, The Return Of Twin Peaks, With All Of The Wonderful Frustration That Goes With It - May 22, 2017