The day might be over in Orlando at Star Wars Celebration, but that doesn’t mean that news and updates have stopped emerging. Fandango’s managing editor Erik Davis managed to speak to Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Episode VIII) star Daisy Ridley about the film. Sounds like she hasn’t seen it yet, but that doesn’t mean that there aren’t others who have; she said:
I’ve spoken to a number of people that have seen a rough cut [of The Last Jedi], and theyone’s “it’s different, it’s different.”
She goes on to elaborate on how The Force Awaken’s director J.J. Abrams had set the stage in returning to the Star Wars universe and bringing in a new generation of fans, but now with regards to the new director for Last Jedi, Rian Johnson we might be in for something… else.
With Rian’s vision and his image. And also I think he [J.J.] brought the old fans back and the new fans in, and he had all this stuff. And Rian had more room to kind of do his thing.
So what that means is that J.J. showed that Star Wars could continue with sequels to the original trilogy without George Lucas at the helm. Now that Rogue One had it’s own positive response going away from the feel of episodes I-VII, Rian has been able to continue working outside the bounds of the original box in terms of thematic elements and tone.
— ErikDavis (@ErikDavis) April 14, 2017
- Silence Of The Lambs Director Jonathan Demme Died At 73 - April 26, 2017
- 20th Century Fox Eyeing Sylvester Stallone For Lead In Starlight Comic To Film Adaptation - April 25, 2017
- Footage Of Marvel’s Black Panther Movie Has The Women Front And Center - April 19, 2017
- Starz’s New Historical Drama The White Princess Is The Prequel For The Tudors - April 17, 2017
- Cosplay Roundup From Star Wars Celebration - April 16, 2017