Just announced at Star Wars Celebration Orlando, IDW is making a Star Wars comic for an all ages audience, to hit stores in September. Star Wars Adventures will be geared toward readers 7-10 and feature one and two part stories that aren’t steeped in continuity. It’s a major coup for IDW.
UPDATE: IDW sent out press release providing more details about the comic. Apparently, the deal with Disney is to produce new Star Wars comics aimed at younger readers, with Star Wars Adventures being referred to as “the launch title,” which implies there could be more.
“Lucasfilm is thrilled to expand our relationship with the talented and creative folks at IDW to bring Star Wars comics to kids,” said Michael Siglain, Creative Director of Lucasfilm Publishing. “IDW has an incredible pedigree of talent, and we look forward to working with them on the creation of these fun, action-packed adventures that span the entire Star Wars saga.”
IDW’s Chief Creative Officer, Chris Ryall, said “IDW has long sought to offer the next generation of comic book fans ample reading choices, and being able to provide Star Wars comics aimed directly at that audience is a massive thrill. Disney has been a great collaborator with us and we’re very excited to delve into this particular corner of the galaxy.”
The new deal expands IDW’s existing partnership with Disney to print old Star Wars newspaper strips, with a new collection coming in May, as well as artists’ editions and Micro Collectors Fun Packs.
- Ending the Political Divide Between Liberals and Conservatives in Spider-Force #2 - November 17, 2018
- Stand Your Ground Laws Tested in Next Week’s Immortal Hulk #9 - November 17, 2018
- Stark Unlimited is the New Apple in Next Week’s Tony Stark Iron Man #6 - November 17, 2018
- The Legacy of the Batpenis in Next Week’s Infinity Wars: Sleepwalker #3 - November 17, 2018
- A Hulkverine Heel Turn in Next Week’s Weapon H #10? - November 17, 2018