Back at Emerald City Comicon, Valiant let us know that one of their major characters would be dying in July’s Harbinger Renegade #5 by Rafer Roberts and Darick Robertson, part one of the appropriately titled “Massacre” story arc…
Well, now they’re putting their money where their mouth is…by wrapping each cover in a “specially manufactured advisory overlay” that will warn readers and retailers of the “graphic death” contained therein.
Valiant is calling Harbinger Renegade #5 “one of the most consequential and shocking single issues” they have published to date. More importantly, “dead is dead” has been a standing Valiant mantra dating all the way back to Jim Shooter – one that was most recently expressed when Harbinger team member Flamingo met her end during Joshua Dysart and Clayton Henry’s run on the title in 2014. And she’s notably stayed that way since…
So just who will be Massacre’s first victim? Valiant reps are saying anyone from the Harbinger corner of their publishing line – Toyo Harada, Faith, the Imperium team, Generation Zero, Livewire, H.A.R.D. Corps, or dozens of others – could be due for date with a toe tag come July…
If it’s Faith, expect riots.
Regardless of who it is, their death will almost certainly be an opening shot of next year’s Harbinger Wars 2 event…and be rendered in expertly grisly fashion by Darick Robertson:
Expect more details at #ValiantSummit live event next Monday, streaming on Twitch’s Hyper RPG channel.
- The Batwoman Comic With Two Solicitations… - December 11, 2017
- Magnum Comics of New York’s Bronx District Closes After 27 Years - December 11, 2017
- New Comic Store in Worksop, England, Part of the Town Centre’s Revival - December 11, 2017
- Is DC Comics Playing Editorial Musical Chairs? - December 10, 2017
- For Christmas, How About a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Pizza Box for $55? - December 10, 2017