Poetic Studio’s Sacred Fire, the psychological RPG set in ancient Scotland and featuring the vocal talents of The Witcher III: Wild Hunt‘s Doug Cockle, has hit it’s Kickstarter crowdfunding goal of $50,000 USD and is working toward it’s stretch goals. Poetic Studio has released a number of new rewards and stretch goals for the remainder of it’s campaign which will end on Thursday, April 13th.
Sacred Fire is set in Scotland during reign of the Roman Empire, and you work your way through the game by focusing on emotional and political motivations so you can successfully navigate the time. Just remember, you are your own worst enemy.
The game’s current stretch goals are as follows:
- $55,000 – Extended Character Customization
One of Sacred Fire’s strengths is its unique visual style and focus on character creation. It’s the deepest and most thought out design aspect of Sacred Fire, as it allows you to develop your own playstyle and create your own hero.
- $60,000 – Inner Voice for your Player Character
The design of Sacred Fire is oriented inwards, exploring the motives, emotions and conflicts of the protagonist. In key story choices, a voice over will breathe life to the inner monologues detailing a player’s thoughts and motives.
- $65,000 – Partial voiceover for 10 Main Characters
This stretch goal ads partial voice-over for the 10 main story characters: the eight potential allies and the two powerful villains. This allows character defining moments to come alive and immerse players deeper into the story.
New Rewards include:
- in-game reward Ancient Blood making the player character more memorable
- a Golden Eagle animal companion with an emotional bond and loyalty dynamic,
- and an alarm, text message and ring tone narrated by Doug Cockle, the 2016 Golden Joystick Winner for Best Gaming Performance
Poetic Studio also sent out a series of character creation screenshots, which are below if you’d like to check them out.
“Sacred Fire has been a labour of love for us at Poetic Studio and it has been humbling to see the response from the gaming community. With their support we are now able to deliver on our promise of a unique narrative-based RPG experience where, as we say, your heart hides all of the monsters,” says Andrej Vojtas, Creative Director, Poetic Studios.
Sacred Fire is set to release on PC in Spring 2018, with PlayStation 4 and Xbox One ports coming later next year. The latest trailer, featuring Cockle as the game’s narrator, is below.
- Bethesda, Why??? Fallout 76’s First Patch is Over 50 GB on Consoles - November 19, 2018
- Wasteland 3 and Bard’s Tale IV are Still Porting to PS4 - November 19, 2018
- Blue Mage will Hit Final Fantasy XIV Ahead of the Shadowbringers Expansion - November 19, 2018
- European Comics Platform Izneo is Moving to the Switch - November 11, 2018
- Metro Exodus Spartan Collector’s Edition Details Revealed - November 11, 2018