The passing of Carrie Fisher just after Christmas was devastating for Star Wars fans around the world. Some started to question what the loss of Princess Leia would mean to the final two Star Wars films. She had already filmed scenes for Episode VIII, but what about Episode IX. We get new today from the Daily Mail that Fisher’s family has given Disney permission to include the actress in the final installment. But word is, it will not be CGI.
“Yes, how do you take her out of it?” Todd Fisher, the late actress’ brother said, “She’s as much a part of it as anything and I think her presence now is even more powerful than it was, like Obi Wan — when the saber cuts him down he becomes more powerful. I feel like that’s what’s happened with Carrie. I think the legacy should continue.”
He and Carrie’s daughter, Billie Lourd, have granted the studio rights to use recent footage for the finale. Todd isn’t sure to what extent she will appear, but he has faith in the film makers and thinks the people deserve to have her.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018