Just because Rip Hunter (Arthur Darvill) took the jump ship and left the Waverider prior to the ship crashing in the time altered version of Los Angeles, doesn’t mean that the former Time Master has left the series. The recently concluded second season of Legends of Tomorrow did without the ship’s captain for the first half as Darvill was tied up filming the third and final season of Broadchurch… but the character exist on the season finale actually frees him up for some other adventures.
Executive producer Marc Guggenheim told Entertainment Weekly Radio on Thursday:
We’ve got plans for Rip for next year. It’s just in a different capacity than him being a member of the team.
How will Rip Hunter be used in the new season? Will it have ties to his family that includes Booster Gold? Will he end up getting a Time Sphere to use? This is definitely something to look forward to in the new season.
- Chick-fil-A Is Closed On Sundays; Why Would You Open One In An NFL Stadium? - August 16, 2017
- Paramount Picks Up Blake Lively Spy Thriller ‘The Rhythm Section’ - August 16, 2017
- Writer’s Commentary – Rik Hoskin Talks Red Rising: Sons of Ares #4 - August 16, 2017
- The Planning For The Arrowverse Crossover Has Begun - August 16, 2017
- Curse Launches ‘D&D Beyond’ A Digital Resource For Dungeons & Dragons - August 16, 2017