Kingdom Hearts Union χ[Cross], the relaunch of the chart-topping mobile RPG Kingdom hearts Unchained χ, is now available on iOS and Android devices. In celebration of the game’s successful first year, Square Enix has introduced a major update that adds a multiplayer mode and additional gameplay enhancements to let you distract yourself from the never-ending wait for Kingdom Hearts 3. So you can now cry with friends while playing a phone game, instead of crying by yourself playing this. It’s the small things that really matter.
The new Union Cross multiplayer mode brings together teams of six players to embark on quests and new missions and take down hordes of Heartless and gain massive bosses. Players can communicate using emotes and text bubbles and coordinate multiplayer sessions. Or, you know, go with my suggestion and commiserate over our sad, sad fate as KH fans. The new Theater Mode option also allows players to view cut-scenes from the game. Because people wanted that? Usually they want to skip those.
Alongside the update, we got a new trailer featuring all the changes and showing off the new game modes in action.
Kingdom Hearts Union χ[Cross] is available as a free download in the App Store for iPhone and iPad and on Google Play for Android devices. To access the new content, existing players only need to download the app update and can join the fight with friends. Additionally, free items and in-game currency will be distributed to all players to celebrate the game’s anniversary and to reward players for participating in a pre-registration campaign which had over 120,000 participants worldwide.
The new trailer is below.
- The Kingdom Hearts Orchestra Announces U.S. Premiere Dates For June
- Don't Get Too Hyped For Kingdom Hearts 3 or The FFVII Remake, They Won't Be Here For A While
- The Kingdom Hearts Orchestra Show Is Not Designed For The Uninitiated - June 27, 2017
- PlayerUnkown’s Battlegrounds Developer Is Looking Into Cross-Platform Support - June 27, 2017
- Sega Promises A 10th Anniversary DLC For Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone - June 27, 2017
- Raphael Colantonio Is Leaving Prey Developer Arkane Studios - June 27, 2017
- Ubisoft Announces Assassin’s Creed Rebellion For Mobile - June 27, 2017