EA has scrapped a lot of their old E3 routine. Last year they didn’t even have a floor presence and they got rid of their usual press conference in exchange for what they called “EA Play”which includes a press conference but is also its own mini-EA tradeshow. They’re following that same format this year, but have finally released the details.
EA Play will kick off at 12pm PST on June 10th and will feature debuts from the most anticipated titles of EA’s 2017 and 2018 lineup. Star Wars Battlefront II is favorite amongst appearance rumors though it’s likely that mainstays like FIFA 18 and Madden NFL 18 will also get some screen time. Starting off on the 10th means that Microsoft has, yet again, lost their opening slot for E3. That’s what you get for saying you want to kick off E3 again, I guess? Seems like EA saw their chance and took it. Got to say, I can’t really blame them.
EA Play, alongside crushing Phil Spencer‘s dreams, will feature game demos, community contests, live music, and hands-on gaming stations. So, an EA-themed E3 before the actual E3. Because some people just need to feel special you know? Tickets to the event are free and will go on sale on April 20. EA will share further details about how to acquire the tickets at a later date. EA Play will take place from June 10 to 12 at the Hollywood Palladium, so if you can’t make it on the 10th, you’ll have a few days to catch up to everyone else with the latest from EA before descending on the Los Angeles Convention Center for the full E3 experience.
Battlefront II, FIFA 18, NBA LIVE 18, Madden NFL 18, and the new entry in the Need for Speed series will all be playable at EA Play.
Star Wars Battlefront II will be making its first appearance at Star Wars Celebration.
- BC On Twitch: We Attempt FFXIV’s The Royal City Of Rabanastre Raid - October 17, 2017
- Dark Corner Has Launched A VR Horror App For Curated Horror Content - October 17, 2017
- Fruit Ninja Is Getting A Board Game Adaptation Thanks To Kickstarter - October 17, 2017
- Activision Has Patented A Matchmaking Algorithm Designed To Make You Spend Money - October 17, 2017
- Anime-Inspired VR Adventure Game Overturn Has An Exciting New Trailer - October 17, 2017