Marvel’s Inhumans has kind of come out of nowhere but despite the fact that it feels like we just got news the series was happening it is premiering in September. That means that set photos are leaking, things are being confirmed or denied, and something as small as new synopsis teases a lot. A new one did appear on SpoilerTV and we learn a fairly huge plot point right off the bat.
After the Royal Family of Inhumans is splintered by a military coup, they barely escape to Hawaii where their surprising interactions with the lush world and humanity around them may prove to not only save them, but Earth itself.
A good portion of stories staring the Royal Family tend to deal with Maximus trying to overthrow his brother Black Bolt. It appears that the outsing will be the catalyst for the series and over the course of the eight episodes we’ll see Black Bolt, Medusa, Crystal, and others as they try to take back the Inhuman city of Attilan. A version of an Inhuman city was teased way back in Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season two but considering the Royal Family sounds active it’s unlikely that there will be any connection.
This synopsis does raise a few concerns in that is this series going to be the Royal Family getting humbled by how awesome humanity is? We’re being told that this is “unlike anything you’ve ever seen before on television” according to a Disney executive. Perhaps the summary is just poorly worded and we have nothing to worry about but we’ll see in five months.
Marvel’s Inhumans will be released on September 1, 2017 in IMAX and then continue on ABC on September 26, 2017.
- Frank Oz Says Disney is Mishandling The Muppets - March 21, 2018
- Legion Season 2: A Bunch of Promos, Motion Posters, and Pictures - March 21, 2018
- John Boyega Talks About the Differences Between Filming Star Wars and Pacific Rim Uprising - March 20, 2018
- The First Trailer for Sicario 2: Soldado Looks Like a Barrel of Laughs - March 20, 2018
- The Logo for Shazam! Has Been Revealed - March 20, 2018