No, really, there isn’t a punchline here because that is a punchline; Michael Bay confirmed at Cinema Con that there are fourteen stories outlined for the Transformers series according to Yahoo Movies. While Bay is supposed to bow out with his “swan song” in this summers Transformers: The Last Knight his fingerprints are going to be all over this franchise for years to come. Despite the fact that the Bumblebee spin-off has been given to Travis Knight, who directed the absolutely fantastic Kubo and the Two Strings last year, there is no way to escape the foundation that Bay has built for this series.
Bay also announced that this fifth installment will look extra awesome because it was shot natively in IMAX 3D because Bay is “keeping 3D alive”. The irony that the reliance on the much larger cameras for the IMAX 3D might keep Bay from shaking the camera so much that a local critic literally got motion sickness during part four.
Fourteen Transformers movies…this is why we can’t have nice things.
Transformers: The Last Knight will be released on June 23, 2017.
- Tales From The Toilet (A Star Wars Celebration Orlando Story) - April 17, 2017
- Through Sheer Dumbassery, Lucasfilm And Disney Leave Money On The Table At ‘Star Wars Celebration’ - April 17, 2017
- Video From The ‘Star Wars Rebels’ Press Conference At ‘Star Wars Celebration Orlando’ - April 17, 2017
- ‘Star Wars’ Merchandise Goes Beyond T-Shirts And Toys, To Grills, Blenders, Toasters, Luggage, And The Coveted Death Star Popcorn Popper - April 16, 2017
- ‘Star Wars’ Chocolate Eggs Bring The Easter Spirit To ‘Celebration Orlando’ - April 16, 2017