No, really, there isn’t a punchline here because that is a punchline; Michael Bay confirmed at Cinema Con that there are fourteen stories outlined for the Transformers series according to Yahoo Movies. While Bay is supposed to bow out with his “swan song” in this summers Transformers: The Last Knight his fingerprints are going to be all over this franchise for years to come. Despite the fact that the Bumblebee spin-off has been given to Travis Knight, who directed the absolutely fantastic Kubo and the Two Strings last year, there is no way to escape the foundation that Bay has built for this series.
Bay also announced that this fifth installment will look extra awesome because it was shot natively in IMAX 3D because Bay is “keeping 3D alive”. The irony that the reliance on the much larger cameras for the IMAX 3D might keep Bay from shaking the camera so much that a local critic literally got motion sickness during part four.
Fourteen Transformers movies…this is why we can’t have nice things.
Transformers: The Last Knight will be released on June 23, 2017.
- Lucifer Season 3 Episode 3 Review: Maze Continues To Be The Best - October 17, 2017
- The Gifted Season 1 Episode 3 Review: Keeps Getting Better - October 17, 2017
- Lucifer Season 3 Episode 4 Promo And Summary - October 17, 2017
- The Gifted Season 1: Episode 4 Promo And Summary - October 17, 2017
- Reid Scott Of ‘Veep’ Is In Talks To Join ‘Venom’ - October 16, 2017