Jimmy Leszczynski writes
I met up with Cosplayer Leia Thomas, hot of her winning the 2017 WonderCon Masquerade “Best Recreation” Award.
From underneath her masterpiece reproduction of cinematic horror came a sweet, gentle voice that explained the process a little for me. Leah told me that it took about 120 hours of work, it is mostly made from hot glue and EVA foam, and sculpting. Leah used model magic for the face, and then she laid in each piece of wood individually, and painted them all by hand.
Leah says this is her first Masquerade. Although she has been Cosplaying since 2012, however she doesn’t like to compete . So this time, full of pride she decided to enter. The Fauna Pan lightened up even more as she told me about going backstage and meeting some new friends. “ It was awesome to win on top of that.”
Doug Jones, the actor that played Pan, unknowingly inspired her throughout the build. Leah explained that he commented on Instagram after noticing a picture of the work in progress. “This is absolutely stunning, that you have even tried this.” Doug told her, so she persisted.
The pictures do not do the Cosplay justice, seeing the creature come to life and walk, is actually pretty scary.
You can find Leia on Instagram @fellowhermit
- Comic Store In Your Future – Be Thankful For My Little Pony - November 23, 2017
- Would You Like Your Monsters Unleashed #8 Mixed With A Little Luke Cage #167? - November 23, 2017
- Vault Comics Launches Return Of The Graveyard Gang By Eliot Rahal And Felipe Cunha In February 2018 Solicits - November 23, 2017
- Zenescope Launches Philadelphia Superhero Series, The Musketeers, In February 2018 Solicits - November 23, 2017
- Another 200 Graphic Novels And TPBs Liquidated By DC Comics To Retailers – G To W - November 23, 2017