Mark Waid is the writer of high profile books such as Champions and Avengers for Marvel, a veteran of three decades in comics, a former Editor-in-Chief, a digital comics company founder, and the owner of a comic shop.
He also has some thoughts on Marvel Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing David Gabriel. Specifically, how difficult it must be for Gabriel not to inflict physical violence on a Bleeding Cool reporter for… reporting the things he said in an interview.
Ouch! That’s a lot of likes! Amongst them Marvel editor Jordan White and CBR founder Jonah Weiland?! Jonah, we said we were sorry about the golf cart!
One person who doesn’t entirely agree with the sentiment that a person should be physically assaulted for saying critical things about a comic book publisher, even if those things are frustrating, is Secret Empire writer Nick Spencer, who tweets:
And then Tom Brevoort chimed in:
There's a reason that guy uses a pseudonym. I assume it's because even he doesn't want to take credit for the drivel he says.
— Tom Brevoort (@TomBrevoort) April 2, 2017
Or maybe he just doesn’t want to be punched in the face by comics industry professionals.
- X-Men: Bland Design – Captain America’s Hypocrisy X-Posed in Despicable Deadpool #296 - March 20, 2018
- Yes! Yes! Yes! WWE Clears Daniel Bryan for Return to Ring - March 20, 2018
- Tennis Star Serena Williams Wants to Clear Up Just One Thing About Avatar: The Last Airbender - March 20, 2018
- Archie Meets Batman ’66 in Crossover Comic - March 20, 2018
- Bill Sienkiewicz Gets an IDW Artifact Edition Showcasing Classic Marvel Runs on New Mutants, Moon Knight, Elektra - March 20, 2018