Before he was the President of the United States of America, Donald Trump was a WWE Hall of Famer who participated in one of the biggest matches of all time at Wrestlemania 23. Much has been said about the Trump administration’s ties to Russia, but Trump’s ties with the pro wrestling industry may be even stronger. Trump even gave a cabinet position to former WWE CEO Linda McMahon as the head of the Small Business Administration, and invited the entire extended McMahon family including Triple H to the White House last month:
“Stone Cold” Steve Austin has stunned 46 percent of the people in this photo, including the president. pic.twitter.com/GKkz0cjB5d
— Dan McQuade (@dhm) February 15, 2017
Trump may be tighter with the McMahons than he is with Marvel CEO Ike Perlmutter, though it’s probably a pretty close matchup.
In any case, Trump’s friends in the squared circle can also be allies out in the real world. Take, for instance, former WWE Champion and Smackdown Live commentator John Bradshaw Layfield, who also happens to be a financial analyst for Fox News, and also has some other things in common with Trump besides his pro wrestling career.
JBL had some kind words for Trump’s affect on the stock market, and the President himself reached out to thank him on Twitter:
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 1, 2017
It being Wrestlemania weekend, wrestling fans know never to take anything for granted. Could Trump’s tweets to JBL be hinting at an in-ring return? A lot of people are hoping for a surprise appearance at Wrestlemania tomorrow by Hulk Hogan, but maybe we should be looking out for someone with an even oranger tan instead.
- Did WWE Chairman Vince McMahon Have Something To Do With Donald Trump Firing James Comey?
- Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson Elaborates On Politics, Presidential Run "A Real Possibility"
- X-Men, or X-Millennials? Plus: The Triumphant Return of Chris Claremont [X-ual Healing 12-5-18] - December 9, 2018
- Honey Badger Shuts Down Male Aggression in Next Week’s X-23 #7 - December 9, 2018
- Startling Facts About Fish Pee Revealed in Next Week’s Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #39 - December 9, 2018
- Proxima Midnight’s Tips for a Happy and Healthy Sex Life in Next Week’s Black Order #2 - December 9, 2018
- Mary Plans to Reboot the Bible in Next Week’s Typhoid Fever: Iron Fist - December 9, 2018