SEGA Europe Ltd. today announced the next game in the best-selling Total War: Warhammer trilogy. Total War: Warhammer II will be the second release in an ongoing partnership between developer Creative Assembly and Games Workshop, creators of the world-renowned Warhammer Fantasy Battles tabletop wargame and miniatures.
The first Total War:Warhammer has done well, and I’m sure Sega are excited to announce the second game.
According to Sega, players will “struggle for dominion over the ailing Great Vortex that has swirled for millennia above the elven homeland of Ulthuan. Each race must save or disrupt the Vortex according to their motivations – a struggle culminating in a cataclysmic endgame. Territorial conquest is no longer enough… this is a race for control that will define the fate of the world!” Adding a bit of drama to an RTS, that’s always nice.
The full list of features are as follows:
- A new style of narrative campaign in which players race against the other factions to save or destroy the Great Vortex while thwarting competing Races
- Players will build and expand empires, raise armies, develop cities and fight vivid grand-scale battles in the classic Total War style
- This campaign is set across four mysterious new continents:
- The Southlands
- Four new playable races, each with unique campaign mechanics and army rosters of Legendary Lords, Heroes, spellcasters, troops, monsters and siege weapons:
- High Elves
- Dark Elves
- And a fourth, yet to be revealed…
- A suite of thrilling new campaign and battle features inspired by the Warhammer lore
- Additionally, a vast combined campaign map covering the geographic areas of the first and second parts of the trilogy. Players will be able to embark on campaigns as any owned, playable race from both games. This will be available for free shortly after launch for owners of both games.
“Total War: Warhammer II represents the next step in our trilogy, our vision for the most incredible fantasy strategy series ever made,” said Game Director, Ian Roxburgh. “The success of the first game has increased our ambition; we’re not only going to deliver a thrilling campaign in the sequel, but also an additional combined campaign, the biggest so far, for owners of both.”
“We’re thrilled to see the sequel to last years smash hit Total War: Warhammer coming later this year.” Said Jon Gillard, Head of Licensing at Games Workshop. “Sega and The Creative Assembly continue to astound us with their ability in crafting the Warhammer Fantasy Battles world in further glorious pageantry, with races never realised on this scale before in a video game. We are proud to be in partnership with them on this next great step in the franchise.”
Total War™: WARHAMMER® II for PC will be available in 2017, the announcement trailer is below.
- Besting The Competition During 'Total War: Warhammer II' Demo At E3
- 'Total War: Warhammer II' Gets A Release Date Before E3
- Destiny 2’s Festival of the Lost Event Starts Tomorrow - October 15, 2018
- Hearthstone Confirms Balance Changes Rolling Out This Week - October 15, 2018
- Poznan Game Arena 2018 Reports a New Attendee Record - October 15, 2018
- First Details on Elite Dangerous: Beyond- Chapter Four Revealed - October 15, 2018
- Rockstar Devs Reportedly Working 100 Hour Weeks on Red Dead Redemption 2 - October 15, 2018