GungHo Online Entertainment America and Grasshopper Manufacture have released a TV spot for their FTP arcade-style hack-and-slash title Let It Die, and it is everything you’d expect of a game as absurd as Suda’s latest game. The tv spot features “Uncle Death singing a classic disco anthem while showcasing the game’s signature over-the-top mayhem.” The song in question is Gloria Gaynor‘s “I Will Survive” which is topical, considering how hard it is to stay alive in this game.
I really wish they were kidding about the disco, but it is sadly true. While the TV spot itself is the kind of insanity players expect of Let It Die, the idea that this would ever make it to televisions is what confuses me the most. I greatly enjoy playing Let It Die, but I’m not sure if the game’s audience would be the type to watch regular tv. Wait, does anyone watch TV? That might explain the disco, trying to get that older demographic, right?
And the spot itself hasn’t had too much pickup online either, which kind of makes you wonder what GungHo and Grasshopper were thinking with this ad.
All that aside, the few fans who have found the spot have been loving the new commercial just a bit too much. If you scroll down to the comments section of the Youtube link – yes I know, reading an internet comments section is never a good idea – but at least a few people want to see more of Uncle Death singing.
There’s a lot to unpack in that, isn’t there? A talking skeleton named Uncle Death calls you Senpai and you want him to sing for you? It’s an interesting take on the Yandere theme, if nothing else.
- Destiny 2’s Festival of the Lost Event Starts Tomorrow - October 15, 2018
- Hearthstone Confirms Balance Changes Rolling Out This Week - October 15, 2018
- Poznan Game Arena 2018 Reports a New Attendee Record - October 15, 2018
- First Details on Elite Dangerous: Beyond- Chapter Four Revealed - October 15, 2018
- Rockstar Devs Reportedly Working 100 Hour Weeks on Red Dead Redemption 2 - October 15, 2018