Bungie confirmed earlier today that Destiny 2 will indeed release on September 8, 2017. This follows a leak of images featuring Destiny 2 posters that included the release date, so we’ll be getting the sequel rather soon for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
An open beta for the sequel will be coming later this year and the game is now available for pre-order . The announcement came as part of the game’s official reveal trailer, which was teased earlier this week.
The trailer includes a summary of the events preceding Destiny 2 by the three class Vanguard leaders, Cayde-6, Commander Zavala, and Ikora Rey. Zavala and Cayde naturally do most of the talking.
An open beta will run later this year, but those who pre-order the game will receive early access to the beta. A Destiny 2 expansion pass will also be available for purchase separately and as part of the digital deluxe edition of the game. It will include access to the two major expansions, which will include “brand new story missions, cooperative activities, competitive multiplayer, and a wealth of new weapons, armor, and gear.”
Activision provided this summary of the game’s story:
Humanity’s last safe city has fallen to an overwhelming invasion force, led by Ghaul, the imposing commander of the brutal Red Legion. He has stripped the city’s Guardians of their power, and forced the survivors to flee. You will venture to mysterious, unexplored worlds of our solar system to discover an arsenal of weapons and devastating new combat abilities. To defeat the Red Legion and confront Ghaul, you must reunite humanity’s scattered heroes, stand together, and fight back to reclaim our home.
- VR Shooter Gunheart Has New Mods, Weapons, and Game Modes Thanks to New Update - February 23, 2018
- Overwatch League’s Florida Mayhem are Raising Money for Parkland Shooting Victims - February 23, 2018
- Star Control Rights Debacle Continues with a New Countersuit from the Original Devs - February 23, 2018
- A Wild Mewtwo Appears in the Latest Detective Pikachu Trailer - February 23, 2018
- Twitch is Celebrating Women’s History Month with Funding for Underserved Female Streamers - February 23, 2018