Big news day for Blizzards MOBA Heroes of the Storm. The company has started talking about a 2.0 update with two separate videos as well as a video introducing the next playable hero, Cassia from the Diablo universe. The new update will change the progression system, introduce loot boxes, talk about changes to in-game currency plus bring in a new collection system. This is the first major update to the game since it’s initial launch in 2015.
The introduction of Cassia, the Amazon Matron, brings another ranged assassin to the game… but one who is meant to be played on the move. Her armor level is higher when she’s moving. This is yet another new style of game play being introduced.
Introducing new heroes is great for game play, but doesn’t change the fundamentals of the game, but 2.0 could have some interesting ramifications as there is an entire Esports championship based round this system. Blizzard will need to make this update airtight before it rolls out.
- Mike Colter on if Luke Cage Could Ever Get a Tattoo - June 23, 2018
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 2, Episode 9 Recap: For Pete’s Sake - June 23, 2018
- Cheo Hodari Coker was Nervous at the Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 2 Premiere - June 23, 2018
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 2, Episode 8 Recap: If It Ain’t Rough, It Ain’t Right - June 23, 2018
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 2, Episode 7 Recap: On and On - June 22, 2018