Warner Bros TV has released this image showing Cress Williams in a Black Lightning costume by Laura Jean Shannon. A pilot is currently filming in Atlanta for the CW with Williams playing Jefferson Pierce and is being put together by Greg Berlanti, Salim Akil and Mara Brock Akil. Shannon hasn’t worked on the other other CW series, but she has worked on Iron Man and My Super Ex-Girlfriend.
Salim Akil had this to say about the character:
I knew way too much about the world as a young boy growing up in Richmond, Calif., I was no stranger to violence, death, hopelessness or the feeling that no one cared about what was happening in my life. Comics were a great way for me to escape. I was about 13 when Black Lightning was created, and finally there was a Black Super Hero that gave a damn about our neighborhood and our lives. Resurrecting him at a time in our society when a sense of hope is lacking…Black Lightning will be that hope. And in updating the suit, it will signal to a new generation that it’s time to harness and release our power, and become our own superheroes.
Whether this will become the fifth Arrowverse series on the CW remains to be seen.
- Carolina Panthers’ Price Tag Estimated Between $2.3 and $2.8 Billion - February 23, 2018
- American Pickers’ Mike Wolfe to Guest Star on NCIS - February 23, 2018
- Writer’s Commentary: Jeremy Whitley on Vampirella #10 - February 23, 2018
- Gotham Season 4: Gordon and Fox Take on the Toy Master - February 23, 2018
- Mads Mikkelsen Stars in Netflix Adaptation of Dark Horse Graphic Novel ‘Polar’ - February 23, 2018