In a lengthy blog post today, UbiSoft released the details of their latest DLC content coming to Watch Dogs 2. The game itself kinda dropped off the map after it’s November release and failed to garner the kind of big holiday purchases the company were looking for. It also didn’t help matters that critics padded the game off as a GTAV clone with hacking elements and a few nods to Assassins Creed titles. But to get people back into the game, they’re offering a few brand new modes in the DLC for free which include a team PvP called “Showdown” and the latest game expansion called “No Compromise” that’s moving from the paid section to free, even though the majority of those missions are still part of the paid DLC. Mikel Reparaz, Editor of the UbiBlog, added some details to “Showdown.”
“Pitting two pairs of players against each other, Showd0wn is an endgame challenge for experienced players. Its competitive matches come in three flavors: Steal the HDD; Doomload, a King of the Hill-style match; and Erase/Protect the Servers, a Watch Dogs twist on classic domination matches. Spread out across 15 distinct locations, these modes will flow seamlessly from one to the next, pushing you to bust out every skill you’ve learned over the course of the game with dynamic hacking, shooting, driving, and puzzle-solving challenges.”
The new DLC will hit PS4 on April 18 and PC/XB1 on May 18.
- Techland Launching Their Own Battle Royale Game with Dying Light: Bad Blood - August 20, 2018
- Insomnia: The Ark Gets a New Lore Trailer From the Developers - August 19, 2018
- Jujubee Releases a New Trailer for Their Russian Submarine Game KURSK - August 19, 2018
- God of War Was Almost Set in Ancient Egypt, According to Developers - August 19, 2018
- Treadnauts Receives a New Launch Trailer as its Released on Steam - August 19, 2018