Landry Q. Walker and Mel Rubi are to continue Dynamite Entertainment’s adaptation of George R R Martin’s A Song Of Ice And Fire with the second book, following A Game Of Thrones with A Clash of Kings! The first book took years to adapt in monthly form, so get ready to dig in for the second….
In A Clash of Kings, Arya has escaped from King’s Landing with the help of Yoren, a brother of the Night’s Watch, but the road to the Wall brings its own dangers. Meanwhile, Sansa attends a tournament on the sadistic King Joffrey’s name-day, and Bran, in Winterfell, suffers from strange dreams of wolves…
“As a long time fan of the books, I’m very excited to have the opportunity to get to play a bit in the world of A Song of Ice and Fire,” says Landry Q. Walker. “Taking something I have enjoyed so immensely and tackling the challenge of adapting that into the beautiful and complex language of sequential art is a dream job. For readers, I believe this comic will create an opportunity to see A Clash of Kings retold in a manner that adheres to the original visions of George R. R. Martin, while exploring what his story looks like through his eyes. We’re working hard to create a faithful visual adaptation of the novel that uses the strength of the medium of comics to it’s fullest capacity, and I cannot wait for readers to see what we have done.”
- Two Meta-Looks at Comics From Marvel and DC This Week - October 19, 2018
- Archie Comics Cancels Their Marvel Digest Volumes - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Challenge Another Punisher Trademark Application by Militia Group - October 19, 2018
- So Why Are There No Comic Book Unions Then? - October 19, 2018
- Jim Steranko, Ron Frenz, George Perez, Barry Kitson and Alan Davis on The Liberty Brigade - October 19, 2018