Those of you owning a PS4 Pro are about to get a major upgrade today as a new update will be coming your way for the media player. The system will now be able to support 4K video playback, as well as “4K videos in mp4 format saved on a USB stick.” The update also applies to VR content, but as always you’ll need a TV that’s compatible with 4K media in order to enjoy it. Sony released the details on the PlayStation blog yesterday.
For those of you that own a PlayStation VR system in addition to PS4 Pro, Media Player will also update to support playback of 4K VR video content. PS VR’s display resolution is 1920 x RGB x 1080, therefore 4K VR videos will be displayed in a higher image quality compared to HD VR videos. Capture stunning 360 degree 4K footage, and then immerse yourself in that footage in VR at home – just as if you’re right back in the scene you shot.
It’s a fine upgrade that we’re sure a lot of Pro players are happy to see come to the console. The update should start heading out to consoles for download sometime this morning.
- Ubisoft Announces Release Date for Might & Magic: Elemental Guardians - March 18, 2018
- ‘A Summer Lesson’ Characters are Coming to Tekken 7 - March 18, 2018
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia Gets a New Kingdom of Northymbre Trailer - March 18, 2018
- Friday The 13th: The Game Adding More Mechanics to Make You Jason - March 18, 2018
- Pokkén Tournament DX Reveals New DLC Screenshots - March 18, 2018