Those of you owning a PS4 Pro are about to get a major upgrade today as a new update will be coming your way for the media player. The system will now be able to support 4K video playback, as well as “4K videos in mp4 format saved on a USB stick.” The update also applies to VR content, but as always you’ll need a TV that’s compatible with 4K media in order to enjoy it. Sony released the details on the PlayStation blog yesterday.
For those of you that own a PlayStation VR system in addition to PS4 Pro, Media Player will also update to support playback of 4K VR video content. PS VR’s display resolution is 1920 x RGB x 1080, therefore 4K VR videos will be displayed in a higher image quality compared to HD VR videos. Capture stunning 360 degree 4K footage, and then immerse yourself in that footage in VR at home – just as if you’re right back in the scene you shot.
It’s a fine upgrade that we’re sure a lot of Pro players are happy to see come to the console. The update should start heading out to consoles for download sometime this morning.
- Konami Will Add Data Pack 2.0 to PES 2019 Next Week - October 18, 2018
- Check Out the Animals Trailer for Farming Simulator 19 - October 18, 2018
- Daybreak Games Announces All Their Halloween Events in Their Titles - October 18, 2018
- Super Mario Odyssey is Getting a Zombie Mario Costume - October 18, 2018
- The Walking Dead: The Final Season Chapter 3 Aiming for 2018 - October 18, 2018