Those of you owning a PS4 Pro are about to get a major upgrade today as a new update will be coming your way for the media player. The system will now be able to support 4K video playback, as well as “4K videos in mp4 format saved on a USB stick.” The update also applies to VR content, but as always you’ll need a TV that’s compatible with 4K media in order to enjoy it. Sony released the details on the PlayStation blog yesterday.
For those of you that own a PlayStation VR system in addition to PS4 Pro, Media Player will also update to support playback of 4K VR video content. PS VR’s display resolution is 1920 x RGB x 1080, therefore 4K VR videos will be displayed in a higher image quality compared to HD VR videos. Capture stunning 360 degree 4K footage, and then immerse yourself in that footage in VR at home – just as if you’re right back in the scene you shot.
It’s a fine upgrade that we’re sure a lot of Pro players are happy to see come to the console. The update should start heading out to consoles for download sometime this morning.
- Dontnod Entertainment Reveals Life Is Strange 2 Teaser Trailer - June 22, 2018
- Review – The Legend Of Zelda: Encyclopedia by Dark Horse Comics - June 22, 2018
- Interview: Dan Abnett Talks About His Work on Dungeon Hunter Champions - June 22, 2018
- Friday The 13th: The Game Devs Confirm An End to Content - June 22, 2018
- Review: Echogear Monitor Stand for Gaming — Single Screen - June 22, 2018