Just after sort of announcing Destiny 2 by posting the above image to their twitter account, Bungie decided to give us all a teaser video. The video is a rambling bar tale from Nathon Fillion‘s character, Cayde-6. The entire video itself is just an announcement that the official announcement trailer is coming March 30th at 10am PST. Because you can’t just wait a few days and then give us the real trailer, no, you have to give us a trailer telling us about the trailer coming in a few days.
There’s a logic there that I’m just not willing to totally unpack.
The teaser doesn’t give us much, just that Cayde’s in a battle that busted up his favorite bar and you as the guardian are probably involved. Destiny 2 is going to be a direct sequel to Destiny, and we now know Fillion will return as Cayde-6. Outside of a few exceptions, it’s likely the whole cast will return. Maybe with different voice actors, but I see no reason why we wouldn’t expect most of the Tower’s residents to be in Destiny 2.
The teaser trailer is below.
- PlayStation Might Return to Portable Game Development - May 23, 2018
- Nintendo Files a Trademark for N64 Fueling the Retro Console Rumors - May 23, 2018
- Fortnite Players Want the 50 v 50 Mode to Stick Around - May 23, 2018
- Gravel Adds Military Vehicles with the Armored Operations DLC - May 23, 2018
- Ubisoft’s Gaming AI ‘SAM’ is Launching Worldwide - May 23, 2018