probably shouldn't be sharing this but here's a sneak at the pencils for the cover to the new Absolute Authority edition. pic.twitter.com/EiDHEIj2za
— BRYAN HITCH (@THEBRYANHITCH) March 27, 2017
Absolute Authority was the first of DC’s Absolute formats, pioneered by Wildstorm EIC Scott Dunbier, using the French oversized model and applying it to American comics, with far more content, decent paper quality and lush colours. It was a hit and everyone from Marvel to Dark Horse to Image copied it. Dunbier was fired by DC Comics over issues regarding League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen: The Black Dossier, and he ended up at IDW where he continued to innovate formats copies by everyone else, such as the Artist’s Edition.
But DC Comics are returning to the one that started it all, Absolute Authority with a new printing – and from Bryan Hitch‘s tweet above, a new cover.
And yes, to make people like me buy it all over again, a brand new Authority story by Warren Ellis and Bryan Hitch.
for those asking, the new Absolute Authority will feature all the Ellis-Hitch Authority stuff, a new cover and new story! (by us!)
— BRYAN HITCH (@THEBRYANHITCH) March 25, 2017
- Boom’s Firefly #1 Has Pre-Orders of 57,291 Copies – Any More For Any More? - October 23, 2018
- Victor Gorelick Does Not Pay Tribute to Archie’s Co-CEO Nancy Silberkleit - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: What’s Up With The Inhumans Then? - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Sorry, Jane Foster Isn’t Getting Her Own Comic Book? - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Charles Soule – From Daredevil to Star Wars - October 23, 2018