probably shouldn't be sharing this but here's a sneak at the pencils for the cover to the new Absolute Authority edition. pic.twitter.com/EiDHEIj2za
— BRYAN HITCH (@THEBRYANHITCH) March 27, 2017
Absolute Authority was the first of DC’s Absolute formats, pioneered by Wildstorm EIC Scott Dunbier, using the French oversized model and applying it to American comics, with far more content, decent paper quality and lush colours. It was a hit and everyone from Marvel to Dark Horse to Image copied it. Dunbier was fired by DC Comics over issues regarding League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen: The Black Dossier, and he ended up at IDW where he continued to innovate formats copies by everyone else, such as the Artist’s Edition.
But DC Comics are returning to the one that started it all, Absolute Authority with a new printing – and from Bryan Hitch‘s tweet above, a new cover.
And yes, to make people like me buy it all over again, a brand new Authority story by Warren Ellis and Bryan Hitch.
for those asking, the new Absolute Authority will feature all the Ellis-Hitch Authority stuff, a new cover and new story! (by us!)
— BRYAN HITCH (@THEBRYANHITCH) March 25, 2017
- 2000AD Hits #2100, Judge Dredd Megazine Hits #400 in Rebellion September 2018 Solicits - June 21, 2018
- New England Comics Launches The Tick #0 For San Diego Comic-Con - June 20, 2018
- Catwoman #1 Cover Suggests She May Not Get Married to Batman - June 20, 2018
- The X-Men Gold #30 Wedding Issue Has Gone to Second Printing - June 20, 2018
- No More Issues of Cyborg: #23 Was Your Last, #24 and #25 Cancelled - June 20, 2018