Sure first-ballot Hall of Fame basketball player Tim Duncan is a well-known comics enthusiast , with a love of The Crow, and also a nerd. He once even appeared on a Marvel Punisher variant cover, which if you know anything about him as a player and person, is hilarious:
Now, his love of comics has spread to the ultimate tribute of fandom: he named his newborn daughter after one of his favorite characters. Appearing on the new episode of Road Trippin With RJ and Channing hosted by Cleveland Cavaliers players Richard Jefferson and Channing Frye, he reveals the inspiration behind his new daughters name: Quill.
“Star-Lord, his original name is Peter Quill, and he’s really just cool as shit,” Frye explained to Jefferson.
“My girlfriend, she also writes a lot too, so it’s like a pen quill,” Duncan added. “It’s a combination of all the things.”
Sure Tim, a pen quill. But kudos on the birth my man! I lobbied for Parker, Grayson, and a billion other names when I had my daughter, but was shot down. Just one more person to be jealous of one of the greatest to ever do the damn thing.
— George Kiel III (@GeorgeKiel3) May 4, 2014
- WWE and Mattel Tag Team for YouTube Show ‘Outside the Box’, and It’s Hilarious - August 16, 2018
- Hogwarts Castle LEGO Set Now Available to VIPs, Plus Behind-the-Scenes Video - August 16, 2018
- 2 New Star Wars Statues from Gentle Giant: Dengar and Han in Carbonite! - August 16, 2018
- Wolverine’s First Appearance Gets a Statue from Gentle Giant - August 16, 2018
- Marvel Studios 10th Anniversary Funko Pint Size Heroes Hit Stores This Fall - August 16, 2018