Sure first-ballot Hall of Fame basketball player Tim Duncan is a well-known comics enthusiast , with a love of The Crow, and also a nerd. He once even appeared on a Marvel Punisher variant cover, which if you know anything about him as a player and person, is hilarious:
Now, his love of comics has spread to the ultimate tribute of fandom: he named his newborn daughter after one of his favorite characters. Appearing on the new episode of Road Trippin With RJ and Channing hosted by Cleveland Cavaliers players Richard Jefferson and Channing Frye, he reveals the inspiration behind his new daughters name: Quill.
“Star-Lord, his original name is Peter Quill, and he’s really just cool as shit,” Frye explained to Jefferson.
“My girlfriend, she also writes a lot too, so it’s like a pen quill,” Duncan added. “It’s a combination of all the things.”
Sure Tim, a pen quill. But kudos on the birth my man! I lobbied for Parker, Grayson, and a billion other names when I had my daughter, but was shot down. Just one more person to be jealous of one of the greatest to ever do the damn thing.
— George Kiel III (@GeorgeKiel3) May 4, 2014
- Godzilla Gets a Humongous New S.H. Monsterarts Figure - May 18, 2018
- Doctor Strange Avengers: Infinity War Hot Toy Coming in 2019 - May 18, 2018
- Pacific Rim Collectors Will Want This Gipsy Danger Bust from Diamond Select Toys - May 18, 2018
- Diamond Select Toys Releasing New Deadpool, Cable, and Domino Statues This Summer - May 18, 2018
- Deadpool 2 Review: Come for Deadpool, Stay for Cable and Domino [Spoiler Free] - May 18, 2018