Sure first-ballot Hall of Fame basketball player Tim Duncan is a well-known comics enthusiast , with a love of The Crow, and also a nerd. He once even appeared on a Marvel Punisher variant cover, which if you know anything about him as a player and person, is hilarious:
Now, his love of comics has spread to the ultimate tribute of fandom: he named his newborn daughter after one of his favorite characters. Appearing on the new episode of Road Trippin With RJ and Channing hosted by Cleveland Cavaliers players Richard Jefferson and Channing Frye, he reveals the inspiration behind his new daughters name: Quill.
“Star-Lord, his original name is Peter Quill, and he’s really just cool as shit,” Frye explained to Jefferson.
“My girlfriend, she also writes a lot too, so it’s like a pen quill,” Duncan added. “It’s a combination of all the things.”
Sure Tim, a pen quill. But kudos on the birth my man! I lobbied for Parker, Grayson, and a billion other names when I had my daughter, but was shot down. Just one more person to be jealous of one of the greatest to ever do the damn thing.
— George Kiel III (@GeorgeKiel3) May 4, 2014
- Let’s Discuss That Halloween Ending and Twist *SPOILERS* - October 20, 2018
- Trick or Treat Ideas? Stikbots and Five Nights at Freddy’s Candy to the Rescue! - October 20, 2018
- Let’s Take a Look at Some Toynk Collectibles from Scarface, Resident Evil, and Black Panther - October 20, 2018
- Arrow Season 7, Episode 2 Preview: “The Longbow Hunters” - October 20, 2018
- BC Toy Spotting: New Marvel Legends, Fortnite Funko, and More! - October 20, 2018