Sure first-ballot Hall of Fame basketball player Tim Duncan is a well-known comics enthusiast , with a love of The Crow, and also a nerd. He once even appeared on a Marvel Punisher variant cover, which if you know anything about him as a player and person, is hilarious:
Now, his love of comics has spread to the ultimate tribute of fandom: he named his newborn daughter after one of his favorite characters. Appearing on the new episode of Road Trippin With RJ and Channing hosted by Cleveland Cavaliers players Richard Jefferson and Channing Frye, he reveals the inspiration behind his new daughters name: Quill.
“Star-Lord, his original name is Peter Quill, and he’s really just cool as shit,” Frye explained to Jefferson.
“My girlfriend, she also writes a lot too, so it’s like a pen quill,” Duncan added. “It’s a combination of all the things.”
Sure Tim, a pen quill. But kudos on the birth my man! I lobbied for Parker, Grayson, and a billion other names when I had my daughter, but was shot down. Just one more person to be jealous of one of the greatest to ever do the damn thing.
— George Kiel III (@GeorgeKiel3) May 4, 2014
- Mattel WWE Retro Figures Get Great Packaging, Heartbreak Hotel… and It’s Awesome - February 23, 2018
- Kong Gets a Very Amazing, Very Expensive Statue from Prime 1 Studio - February 23, 2018
- Black Panther’s Awesome Villain Erik Killmonger Gets a Hot Toys Release - February 23, 2018
- We Take a Look at the Thanos Figure from Avengers: Infinity War - February 23, 2018
- Mondo Has a New Batman: The Animated Series Figure, and it Looks Awesome - February 22, 2018