We don’t mean to alarm you, but there are a large number of professional wrestlers or people with close ties to the industry either holding positions of power in the U.S. Government, or poised to hold positions of power. Most notably, of course, is President of the United States Donald Trump, who is a WWE Hall of Famer and participated in one of the highest profile matches of all time at Wrestlemania 23. Former WWE CEO Linda McMahon is the head of Trump’s Small Business Administration. Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson has expressed interest in a 2020 presidential run. Six time World Champion Booker T is running for mayor of Houston, and though he hasn’t chosen a party, he did have some praise for the Trumpster. Even “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair is a Sheriff’s Deputy in Clayton County, Georgia.
Now, we can add another pro wrestler to the list of those who hold political office in our country. Wrestler Kane, known as The Big Red Machine and The Devil’s Favorite Demon is apparently running for mayor of Knox County, Tennessee. Kane has appointed a political treasurer, a sign that he is serious about the campaign, according to a report from local news outlet WCYB. Kane, a republican if you couldn’t tell by looking at him, has some political skeletons in his closet, and they’ve all been captured on video. There was the time he lit WWE announcer Jim Ross on fire during an interview, for one thing:
There was the time he electrocuted Shane McMahon’s testicles:
The time he forced fellow superstar Lita to marry him:
And let’s not forget about his bizarre obsession with baseball legend Pete Rose:
And finally, this one really falls on Triple H more than Kane, but still:
Luckily, Kane has undergone therapy to overcome those issues:
And anyway, it’s Tennessee.
Kane faces off in a Triple Threat match against Republican Bob Thomas and Democrat Tracy Clough. We wish him the best of luck.
- Suicide Squad Canceled With January’s #50… Just in Time for an Azzarello Relaunch? - October 15, 2018
- Heroes in Crisis: Now Everybody at Sanctuary Has Had Their Personal Data Stolen - October 15, 2018
- The End of the Line for $2.99 on New Age of DC Heroes? Plus: The Unexpected Ends With #8 - October 15, 2018
- First Nightwing, Now Alfred Attacked in Detective Comics in January - October 15, 2018
- DC is Putting Politics in Your Batgirl Comics in January… Literally - October 15, 2018