Rounding out the IMGN games spam from PAX East is Sleepless Clinic’s Symmetry. This game is far different in tone from the previous games I’ve covered from the publisher, and it’s like a breath of fresh air.
In Symmetry, you are working to ensure the survival of a group of castaways on a desolate, frozen planet. The castaways you’re working with are a group of eight scientists who were lured to the planet by a mysterious signal. Come on, you know where this is going. Your ultimate goal will be to repair the scientists’ shuttle and survive the inhospitable climate. This game is absolutely one for story nerds, as it’s got a deep, compelling plot with an atmospheric musical score and some fantastic graphic design.
Naturally, there’s a force here trying to ruin all that for you. Welcome to video games.
Gameplay definitely focuses on resource management as you work on making sure life functions critical to your baby scientists is up an running including their eating and sleep habits, but also their mental health and individual skills. You’re working to fix the ship as quickly as possible by gathering all the required components and dealing with moral quandaries that will affect the whole expedition. Because you wouldn’t be the protagonist if we gave you easy choices, now would you?
Symmetry will be out in the second quarter of 2017 for both PC and console. To keep up to date, you may want to check out the game’s website here. The teaser trailer is below. Happy hunting.
- European Comics Platform Izneo is Moving to the Switch - November 11, 2018
- Metro Exodus Spartan Collector’s Edition Details Revealed - November 11, 2018
- EA and UEFA Reveal the eChampions League for FIFA 19 - November 11, 2018
- PlayStation Owners in Chicago will be Taxed Extra for Game Rentals - November 11, 2018
- Thief Simulator Tops Steam’s Bestseller List This Weekend - November 11, 2018