With less than a month to go, Shiness is coming to PS4, XB1 and PC on April 18. The action-RPG has been around for over two decades, and the latest trailer is giving us a much more bubbly, colorful and musical feeling for The Lightning Kingdom. The artwork alone is something to behold as the characters pop in this fantasy realm that seems to shimmer with a multitude of colors. There’s no words spoken, no text dialog, no explanation about what you’re checking out. It’s simply a clean trailer that gives you a pretty good idea of what to expect. There are moments here that gave me a nice throwback to the days of Breath Of Fire. (The first three, not the later ones that just seem messed up.) That ending shot of the giant white orb and the airship racing toward it… lovely. Check it out for yourself.
The release sent out yesterday about the trailer also included some notes of what to expect,
- Travel through an enthralling and interactive world as Chado and his 4 companions, and develop your characters.
- Hyper-dynamic combat mixing magic with combos, parries, and blocks like a traditional arena fighter.
- Develop 2 types of skills (physical attacks and magic) and unlock new talents and spells
- Explore and interact with a vast world made of multiple environments thanks to you and your companions’ special powers and skills.
- Numerous quests and side-quests will give you the opportunity to develop your characters and their reputation.