In a move that undercut’s Warner Bros’ plans to make a Green Lantern Corps buddy cop movie, Valiant Entertainment has announced that its found a writer and director for the big screen adaptation of Archer & Armstrong, the comic book property created by Jim Shooter, Bob Layton, and Barry Windsor-Smith. Zombieland director Ruben Fleischer will direct the film, according to THR, while Pirates of the Caribbean writer Terry Rossio will write it. The announcement that Archer & Armstrong is moving forward follows last week’s announcement that Avengers: Infinity War directors Joe and Anthony Russo will produce a small screen adaptation of Valiant property Quantum & Woody. Though Archer & Armstrong doesn’t have a studio and Quantum & Woody doesn’t have a network yet, this aggressive development shows that Valiant is looking to claim the superhero buddy comedy niche as a foothold toward establishing its cinematic universe. Valiant will also have a strong grasp on the titles with ampersands marketshare, thanks to the two productions.
- Is Next Week’s Weapon X #26, Hell is a Free Market Healthcare System - November 16, 2018
- A Storm is Coming in Next Week’s Shuri #2 - November 16, 2018
- Does Quentin Quire Have 2nd Thoughts About Saving Jubilee? Next Week’s West Coast Avengers #4 - November 16, 2018
- Wait, There’s Another Crimson Gem of Cyttorak Now? Next Week’s Doctor Strange #8 - November 16, 2018
- The Role of American Xenophobia in Next Week’s Infinity Wars: Ghost Panther #1 - November 16, 2018