According to Gamespot, Ubisoft is working on a TV show adaptation for the Assassin’s Creed franchise. While the Assassin’s Creed film starring Michael Fassbender wasn’t exactly a success, it doesn’t seem to be stopping Ubisoft’s attempts to hit every form of entertainment with some version of the franchise. We’ve got the games on handheld, console, and PC, a film, a comic book series, and now a TV show.
The news was picked up by Gamespot after the head of content for Assassin’s Creed, Aymar Azaizia, confirmed the TV rumors during a Reddit AMA , though he did not go into specifics about the show. “We will take our time to get sure we deliver something we can be proud of,” he said.
Last year, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot said the company was in talks with Netflix for a series, but gave no specifics on which franchise would be coming to TV. Given Azaizia’s comments, it’s likely that Assassin’s Creed is the series to make the jump to TV.
The AC show has not been officially confirmed by Ubisoft itself, however. Given what we do know, it is likely that Ubisoft Motion Pictures is going to be heading the project as they’ve already covered the Rabbids Invasion show for Nickelodeon as well as the Assassin’s Creed movie.
During the AMA, Azaizia refused to mention anything about the upcoming Assassin’s Creed game, Assassin’s Creed: Empire and also confirmed our suspicions that the leaked images we got a month ago were indeed not AC.
Ubisoft has not responded to our request for a comment on the story, but we will continue to follow this story as it develops.
- European Comics Platform Izneo is Moving to the Switch - November 11, 2018
- Metro Exodus Spartan Collector’s Edition Details Revealed - November 11, 2018
- EA and UEFA Reveal the eChampions League for FIFA 19 - November 11, 2018
- PlayStation Owners in Chicago will be Taxed Extra for Game Rentals - November 11, 2018
- Thief Simulator Tops Steam’s Bestseller List This Weekend - November 11, 2018