Ever since we learned that Woody Harrelson would have a role in the upcoming Han Solo centric Star Wars movie, fans have been clamoring to have all manner of important questions answered about that role. Harrelson didn’t answer any of those questions when he appeared on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, but he did give us the next best thing to an answer anyone cares about: the name of his character!
Pressed for info on his part in the film by Fallon, Harrelson said, “I play a guy named Beckett who’s kind of a criminal and a mentor to Han. That’s all I can say.”
The name Beckett doesn’t have any significance that we know of in Star Wars canon, and we already knew that Harrelson would play Han’s mentor, since he said back in January, “I’m a mentor to Han, but I’m also a bit of a criminal. I don’t think I should say much more than that because the Force is not allowing me.”
So why is this story news? Well, all the other sites are reporting it, and we need to carve out our share of the zero sum clicks game.
Star Wars: Untitled Han Solo Film starring Alden Ehrenreich as Han Solo, Donald Glover as Lando Calrissian, and Emilia Clarke and directed by Phil Lord and Christopher Miller is set to come out on May 25, 2018. By that time, we’ll probably know more about it.
- Goodbye, Stan Lee [X-ual Healing 11-14-18] - November 18, 2018
- Ex-NYPD Cop Who Got Marvel’s Ike Perlmutter a Gun Permit Says He Received Movie Premiere Tickets at Bribery Trial - November 18, 2018
- Ending the Political Divide Between Liberals and Conservatives in Spider-Force #2 - November 17, 2018
- Stand Your Ground Laws Tested in Next Week’s Immortal Hulk #9 - November 17, 2018
- Stark Unlimited is the New Apple in Next Week’s Tony Stark Iron Man #6 - November 17, 2018