Fox Searchlight has released the first trailer for their upcoming dark comedy, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri. Written and directed by Martin McDonagh, the film is about a mother Mildred Hayes, played by Fargo’s Frances McDormand, who’s daughter was raped and murdered. When her small-town police force fails to make any headway, she takes out three billboards alongside the local highway asking Why Not? aimed at the town’s beloved Sheriff William Willoughby (played by Woody Harrelson).
Foul mouthed and driven, Hayes refuses to let her daughters case get dropped by the wayside and pushes the town and it’s inhabitants to the breaking point. Repeated scenes of a local television reporter recording segments by the billboards gives a sense of the progress of the film’s arc. “It seems to me,” Mildred tells the reporter at one point, “the police department is too busy torturing black folks to solve actual crimes.”
The film also stars Sam Rockwell, Abbie Cornish, Lucas Hedges, Želko Ivanek, Caleb Landry Jones, Clarke Peters, Samantha Waving, John Hawekes, and Peter Dinklage.
- Stan Lee, Comics Legend, Has Passed Away at 95 - November 12, 2018
- Robert the Bruce Conquers Historical Genre in Netflix’s Outlaw King [Review] - November 9, 2018
- Test Album - November 6, 2018
- Hunter Killer is Far Better than You’ve Been Told [Review] - October 27, 2018
- Halloween: A Rarity in Horror Films, a Sequel that Salvages a Franchise - October 19, 2018