Those of you currently using GOG.com’s Galaxy app are about to get a major upgrade. The “gamer friendly” client has been an alternative to players who don’t like using Steam and other services that are lacking in areas they wish were more accessible. If you’re currently using Galaxy, you’ll be receiving the 1.2 patch today, and it comes with some interesting features.
Universal Cloud Saves: Never lose your progress again! New games, as well as all-time classics are upgraded with saves syncing and cloud backup.
In-Game Overlay: Chat with friends, check notifications or your achievement progress by pressing Shift+Tab in supported games.
Choosing Your Features: Customize the Client to your needs by selecting features you want to use, for a personalized experience and no feature-creep.
There will also be improvements to bandwidth limits, screenshots, a new chat function, a new hibernation mode, a FPS monitor and desktop notifications. Essentially, it’s giving you a lot of the tools you find in other game clients rolled into one package, something that other developers have held back on upgrading or adding as some see them as unnecessary or too complex to add to their system at this time. What are your thoughts on the latest additions to the 1.2 Patch?
- Microsoft Shows Off Changes for Xbox One’s November Update - November 14, 2018
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Receives a Teaser Trailer - November 14, 2018
- This War of Mine: Stories Receives New DLC with “The Last Broadcast” - November 14, 2018
- Jam City Announces a New Partnership with Disney - November 14, 2018
- Check Out the Latest Video Game Releases for November 13-19, 2018 - November 14, 2018