Netflix has released the first trailer for their upcoming original film Death Note, based on the Japanese manga written by Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata. Death Note follows a high school student who comes across a supernatural notebook, realizing it holds within it a great power; if the owner inscribes someone’s name into it while picturing their face, he or she will die. Intoxicated with his new godlike abilities, the young man begins to kill those he deems unworthy of life.
The film is directed by Adam Wingard (Blair Witch) and stars Nat Wolff (Paper Towns), Margaret Qualley (The Leftovers), Lakeith Stanfield (Get Out), Paul Nakauchi (Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End), Shea Whigham (American Hustle) and Willem Dafoe (Spider-Man).
Death Note will premiere exclusively on Netflix on August 25th.
- 'Death Note' Director Defends His Casting Decisions
- Bill Reviews "BLAME!" - Netflix's Dystopian Adventure Film Based On Tsutomu Nihei's Classic Manga
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018