Legendary composer Alan Menken spoke exclusively to Gay Times Magazine here in the UK, and has revealed that he would like to see the character of Ursula in the live-action remake of The Little Mermaid played by someone in drag.
“I’ve wanted Harvey Fierstein to play Ursula. I would kill for that!”
Certainly a very fun idea. After all, Ursula’s original design was drastically changed inspired by infamous drag act Divine. Now, to have the live-action film feature a fabulous drag queen as the villain would be a lot of fun.
Might I make a suggestion? How about RuPaul’s Drag Race star Ginger Minj? She’s totally nail that gig.
- Can There Be Any Doubt That Magneto Is Joining Hydra Now? - April 24, 2017
- Will A Lesbian Wedding Move The Needle? Tana Ford On Silk And Duck Amuck At C2E2 - April 23, 2017
- How To Do Secret Empire Without Offending Everyone - April 23, 2017
- Marvel Legacy One Shot Looks Suspiciously Old School - April 22, 2017
- Emma Frost & Polaris Returning in X-Men Blue - April 22, 2017