Legendary composer Alan Menken spoke exclusively to Gay Times Magazine here in the UK, and has revealed that he would like to see the character of Ursula in the live-action remake of The Little Mermaid played by someone in drag.
“I’ve wanted Harvey Fierstein to play Ursula. I would kill for that!”
Certainly a very fun idea. After all, Ursula’s original design was drastically changed inspired by infamous drag act Divine. Now, to have the live-action film feature a fabulous drag queen as the villain would be a lot of fun.
Might I make a suggestion? How about RuPaul’s Drag Race star Ginger Minj? She’s totally nail that gig.
- Aqualad Rises in Teen Titans – Teen Titans#6 Review - March 24, 2017
- The Pro Picks Up New John In Paramount Pictures - March 23, 2017
- Legendary Disney Composer Wants A Drag Queen For The Little Mermaid Remake - March 20, 2017
- An Intriguing Twist On Batman – All Star Batman #8 Review - March 20, 2017
- One Of The Power Rangers Is Gay - March 20, 2017