Legendary composer Alan Menken spoke exclusively to Gay Times Magazine here in the UK, and has revealed that he would like to see the character of Ursula in the live-action remake of The Little Mermaid played by someone in drag.
“I’ve wanted Harvey Fierstein to play Ursula. I would kill for that!”
Certainly a very fun idea. After all, Ursula’s original design was drastically changed inspired by infamous drag act Divine. Now, to have the live-action film feature a fabulous drag queen as the villain would be a lot of fun.
Might I make a suggestion? How about RuPaul’s Drag Race star Ginger Minj? She’s totally nail that gig.
- Marvel Unveils First 10 Of The Phoenix Variant Covers Coming In December - September 19, 2017
- Dave Proch Will Make Comics With You Via His New Patreon - September 19, 2017
- We The Heroes Ball Returns To New York Comic Con For Second Year - September 19, 2017
- Twitter Says It’s Cracking Down On Abusive Accounts, But It’s Not Doing Enough - September 17, 2017
- What Is Greg Capullo On To Next After Metal? Could Be Swamp Thing - September 17, 2017