Legendary composer Alan Menken spoke exclusively to Gay Times Magazine here in the UK, and has revealed that he would like to see the character of Ursula in the live-action remake of The Little Mermaid played by someone in drag.
“I’ve wanted Harvey Fierstein to play Ursula. I would kill for that!”
Certainly a very fun idea. After all, Ursula’s original design was drastically changed inspired by infamous drag act Divine. Now, to have the live-action film feature a fabulous drag queen as the villain would be a lot of fun.
Might I make a suggestion? How about RuPaul’s Drag Race star Ginger Minj? She’s totally nail that gig.
- Comichaus To Launch Beta Of Their “Netflix Of Indie Comics” App - November 17, 2017
- The Wicked + The Divine #33 Review: A Stunning, Game-Changing Issue - November 16, 2017
- Defenders #7 Review: Fun, Whip-Smart, And Gorgeous High Action - November 16, 2017
- Bloodshot Salvation #3 Review: An Action-Drama With Heart And Power - November 12, 2017
- Ninja-K #1 Review: A Strong Start To A Super-Spy Action Adventure - November 12, 2017