Legendary composer Alan Menken spoke exclusively to Gay Times Magazine here in the UK, and has revealed that he would like to see the character of Ursula in the live-action remake of The Little Mermaid played by someone in drag.
“I’ve wanted Harvey Fierstein to play Ursula. I would kill for that!”
Certainly a very fun idea. After all, Ursula’s original design was drastically changed inspired by infamous drag act Divine. Now, to have the live-action film feature a fabulous drag queen as the villain would be a lot of fun.
Might I make a suggestion? How about RuPaul’s Drag Race star Ginger Minj? She’s totally nail that gig.
- SDCC Marvel Cup O’ Joe Panel Report: Lackluster And Boring - July 22, 2017
- Enamel Pins Have Taken Over SDCC - July 21, 2017
- It Gets Geekier And The Importance Of LGBTQ Representation - July 20, 2017
- No Sidekicks, But Butt Kicks At Marvel’s Next Big Thing Panel - July 20, 2017
- The Fine Line Between Fictional Fantasy And Unothorized Biographies At The Image Panel At SDCC - July 20, 2017