Robert Downey Jr. has just been cast as the new Doctor! Doctor Dolittle, that is. Why, what doctor did you think we were talking about?
According to a report from Variety, RDJ will star in The Voyage of Doctor Dolittle, based on the children’s books by Hugh Lofting about a doctor who can talk to animals. The film is a reboot of the series of direct-to-video films that followed Eddie Murphy’s 1998 film, which was itself a reboot of the 1967 Oscar-winning musical starring Rex Harrison. The Universal Pictures film is written and directed by Stephen Gaghan, and does not have a release date yet.
“At least its not Johnny Depp,” said Doctor Dolittle fans upon learning of the news. We’ll keep you posted.
- The Charlie Brown Reboot You Never Knew You Needed is Back on Kickstarter for Weapon Brown: Aftershock - March 19, 2018
- X-Men: Bland Design – It’s Not a Happy Birthday for Logan in Weapon X #15 - March 19, 2018
- Dark Horse to Collect Matt Kindt’s 3 Story: The Secret History of the Giant Man in New Expanded Edition - March 19, 2018
- Braun Strowman Must Find Partner for WrestleMania Tag Team Title Match; Here’s the 3 Most Likely Choices - March 19, 2018
- X-Men: Bland Design – Drinking, Killing, and Portable Storage Technology in Old Man Logan #36 - March 19, 2018