Robert Downey Jr. has just been cast as the new Doctor! Doctor Dolittle, that is. Why, what doctor did you think we were talking about?
According to a report from Variety, RDJ will star in The Voyage of Doctor Dolittle, based on the children’s books by Hugh Lofting about a doctor who can talk to animals. The film is a reboot of the series of direct-to-video films that followed Eddie Murphy’s 1998 film, which was itself a reboot of the 1967 Oscar-winning musical starring Rex Harrison. The Universal Pictures film is written and directed by Stephen Gaghan, and does not have a release date yet.
“At least its not Johnny Depp,” said Doctor Dolittle fans upon learning of the news. We’ll keep you posted.
- Luc Besson’s EuropaCorp Buys Rights To Howard Chaykin’s American Flagg For TV Show - September 25, 2017
- Violent Live Performance Stuns Crowd At Fantastic Fest Screening Of ‘The Square’ - September 25, 2017
- Quint, Capone, And Horrorella Step Down From Ain’t It Cool News In Wake Of Harry Knowles Sexual Assault Allegations - September 25, 2017
- Jonathan Hickman Returning To Marvel “Sooner Than You Think,” Says Tom Brevoort - September 25, 2017
- Fantastic Fest Attendees Disturbed By Secret Screening Of Lost Ed Wood Porno ‘Take It Out In Trade’ - September 25, 2017