Robert Downey Jr. has just been cast as the new Doctor! Doctor Dolittle, that is. Why, what doctor did you think we were talking about?
According to a report from Variety, RDJ will star in The Voyage of Doctor Dolittle, based on the children’s books by Hugh Lofting about a doctor who can talk to animals. The film is a reboot of the series of direct-to-video films that followed Eddie Murphy’s 1998 film, which was itself a reboot of the 1967 Oscar-winning musical starring Rex Harrison. The Universal Pictures film is written and directed by Stephen Gaghan, and does not have a release date yet.
“At least its not Johnny Depp,” said Doctor Dolittle fans upon learning of the news. We’ll keep you posted.
- JTG: Guardians Of The Galaxy Director James Gunn Is Getting His Own Funko - May 27, 2017
- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson’s Political Career Suffers First Major Setback As Baywatch Set To Bomb At The Box Office - May 27, 2017
- British Snack Company Walkers Apologizes After Featuring Pro Wrestling Murderer Chris Benoit In Crisps Ad - May 27, 2017
- There’s No News On The Next Star Wars Anthology Film Yet, But Maybe There Will Be Next Month - May 27, 2017
- X-Pac X-Onerated: DA Drops Sean Waltman’s Drug Case For Lack Of Evidence - May 26, 2017