Robert Downey Jr. has just been cast as the new Doctor! Doctor Dolittle, that is. Why, what doctor did you think we were talking about?
According to a report from Variety, RDJ will star in The Voyage of Doctor Dolittle, based on the children’s books by Hugh Lofting about a doctor who can talk to animals. The film is a reboot of the series of direct-to-video films that followed Eddie Murphy’s 1998 film, which was itself a reboot of the 1967 Oscar-winning musical starring Rex Harrison. The Universal Pictures film is written and directed by Stephen Gaghan, and does not have a release date yet.
“At least its not Johnny Depp,” said Doctor Dolittle fans upon learning of the news. We’ll keep you posted.
- Chelsea Cain Returns to Comics to “Make Trouble” with New Image Series ‘Man-Eaters’ - June 19, 2018
- John Cena’s Losing Streak Continues as He Settles Lawsuit Over Ford GT - June 19, 2018
- John Cena Would Do Anything for Love and Nikki Bella… Yes, Even That - June 18, 2018
- Paige Assaulted, Body-Shamed by WWE Fan After Money in the Bank - June 18, 2018
- Women of Wrestling Coming to AXS TV in 2019 - June 18, 2018