Robert Downey Jr. has just been cast as the new Doctor! Doctor Dolittle, that is. Why, what doctor did you think we were talking about?
According to a report from Variety, RDJ will star in The Voyage of Doctor Dolittle, based on the children’s books by Hugh Lofting about a doctor who can talk to animals. The film is a reboot of the series of direct-to-video films that followed Eddie Murphy’s 1998 film, which was itself a reboot of the 1967 Oscar-winning musical starring Rex Harrison. The Universal Pictures film is written and directed by Stephen Gaghan, and does not have a release date yet.
“At least its not Johnny Depp,” said Doctor Dolittle fans upon learning of the news. We’ll keep you posted.
- X-Men, or X-Millennials? Plus: The Triumphant Return of Chris Claremont [X-ual Healing 12-5-18] - December 9, 2018
- Honey Badger Shuts Down Male Aggression in Next Week’s X-23 #7 - December 9, 2018
- Startling Facts About Fish Pee Revealed in Next Week’s Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #39 - December 9, 2018
- Proxima Midnight’s Tips for a Happy and Healthy Sex Life in Next Week’s Black Order #2 - December 9, 2018
- Mary Plans to Reboot the Bible in Next Week’s Typhoid Fever: Iron Fist - December 9, 2018