Having followed the rise of British Comic Book Awards’ Nominee Beast Wagon from its first issue, it’s nice to be the first comic book newsite to offer up a preview of their grand finale too, as well as some penciled pages to boot, so you get a good look behind the scenes, so to speak.
This has been a labour of love for writer Owen Michael Johnson and artist John Pearson and I for one am looking forward to issue 5, shipping on April 1st. A comic book I initially described as, “Part Animal Farm, part magic-realism”, this is the big showdown: man vs. anima in the battle for Whipsnarl Zoo.
Meanwhile, why not sit back, relax and read issues 1 and 2 for free right here, right now courtesy of Johnson and Pearson:
And, issue 2:
- The Writer of Invictus Pens Graphic Novel, Mandela and the General - October 15, 2018
- Olivia Olson’s Marcy & Simon #1 Kicks Off Official Canon Continuation of Adventure Time in January - October 15, 2018
- The Future of Black Label at DC Comics – It’s All Stephen Colbert’s Fault? - October 15, 2018
- Three Competitive Creative Teams for Wonder Woman? - October 15, 2018
- David F Walker… Not Writing Flash for DC Comics - October 15, 2018