As reboot fever continues to spread throughout the entertainment industry like a particularly unoriginal version of gonorrhea, the third season of MTV’s Scream will be a reboot, according to a report from Deadline. Apparently, despite a six season third episode renewal, the cast has been told to take other jobs and MTV is looking for a new cast, showrunner, and storyline to reboot the beleaguered movie franchise, which was already rebooted once a TV show. It seems the ratings for the second season were half those of the first, leading MTV and production company Dimension TV to panic and hit the reset button, which we imagine at this point is an actual big red button encased in a glass box next to a sign which reads “Break glass if franchise accidentally amasses more than one installment of continuity” and a tiny hammer on a string.
Personally, while the new version of Scream is sure to capture the attention of MTV’s target demographic of Gen-X-ers who are trying to keep up with what teenagers are into these days not realizing they all just watch stuff on YouTube, we’re personally most looking forward to where they take this concept three or four reboots from now, which should be about 2021.
- Rantz Hoseley To Adapt Nikki Sixx’s ‘Heroin Diaries’ As Comic For Heavy Metal - July 25, 2017
- Musa Kart, Jailed For Comics, Releases Opening Statement From Trial - July 25, 2017
- Gritty Peter Pan Comic Reboot ‘The Wendy Project’ Is In Stores Today - July 25, 2017
- Comic Shop Consortium Sends Dell’otto Variant Of Bendis Comic To Troops - July 25, 2017
- Paige Responds To Body-Shaming Tweets, Teases WWE Return - July 24, 2017