This week we kick off a new retrospective that will review King Kong through the years, starting with the fresh reboot called Kong: Skull Island. The podcast talks about where Skull Island fits in with previous giant apes, and why this movie manages to find freshness by going back in time to the Vietnam War.
Listen on YouTube:
Check out the trailer:
Castle of Horror Podcast Links:
Join us over on Facebook to chime in.
The show is hosted here. Get our RSS Feed. Subscribe at iTunes. Listen on Stitcher. Or onYouTube.
The Team: Hosted by Jason Henderson, writer of IDW’s Ben 10 series and creator of the HarperTeen novel series Alex Van Helsing. Featuring Drew Edwards, creator of Halloween Man, Tony Salvaggio of Clockwerx from Humanoids, attorney Julia Guzman of Guzman Immigration of Denver, and Jamie Bahr, lead singer and upright bassist of the rock and roll band Danger*Cakes.
- Castle Talk: Paul Tremblay Shakes Up the Home Invasion Genre with the Riveting ‘Cabin at the End of the World’ - June 21, 2018
- Castle of Horror: The Blob Suggests Teen Gangs Are Here to Save Us All - June 18, 2018
- California Tiki: Voodoo Island (1957) Takes Place in a Voodoo-Less Area, but the Giant Man-Eating Plants Don’t Care - June 14, 2018
- Castle Talk – Lucy Chaplin: Science Starlet Creator Drew Edwards on Science Superheroes and Twitter Trolls - June 13, 2018
- Castle of Horror: The Giant Gila Monster Offers Nuanced, Realistic View of the Struggles of North Texas - June 11, 2018