To go with this weekend’s release of Iron Fist, Marvel has put together a list of their Top 10 Martial Artists. The list is pretty interesting in a few ways. I’m pretty up on the Marvel universe, but I’m not too familiar with a couple names on the list like Master Izo and Fat Cobra. Guess I have some back issues to read. But from there you get characters like Daredevil, Steel Serpent, Colleen Wing, Elektra and Iron Fist which makes up a bulk of the Marvel / Netflix universe. You also have Gamora from Guardians of the Galaxy and Karnak from the Inhumans. So from #8 to #2 you can find a current live-action counterpart for the character. Yet the #1 martial artist according to Marvel’s own list is Shang-Chi and he hasn’t gotten a show or even popped up as a guest star or cameo in any of the MCU. The Master of Kung Fu deserves some screen time. If Netflix does an Iron Fist season 2, it needs to have Shang-Chi… and Fat Cobra, cause more people need to say the name Fat Cobra.
And just out of curiosity, I wonder why Stick didn’t make the list when two of his pupils did.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018