If you’ve been following the current storylines on Arrow, then you’d know what Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards) is getting herself into. She has already used the information that she was given by Helix to get John Diggle (David Ramsey) out of prison, blackmail a Russian for information and a few other things… but now they’re calling their marker in and with Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) missing, she is willing to do whatever they ask of her as long as she has access to their information. This darker path is certainly going to cause problems in the near future, but there seems to be another side-effect. Felicity is going to find herself better understanding the choice Oliver has had to make, which are the same choices that drove the two of them apart.
Executive producer Marc Guggenheim talked to EW.com about Felicity’s journey and what it means for her.
We’re starting to put her in Oliver’s footsteps a little bit. She’s going to get a chance to experience things a little bit more from Oliver’s perspective. I think the reason they broke up was her difficulty to see things from Oliver’s perspective. They broke up fundamentally because she didn’t trust Oliver, and the reason she didn’t trust Oliver is she couldn’t understand why he made the decisions he made.
Arrow airs Wednesdays at 8 PM on the CW.
- One More Thing: Questions About The Flash, Marvel’s Jessica Jones, and More - March 17, 2018
- Krypton Season 1: The Symbol You Know - March 17, 2018
- Martin Freeman Says Sherlock Isn’t Fun Anymore - March 17, 2018
- Black Lightning Season 1: What is the A.S.A. that Gambi was Talking About? - March 17, 2018
- Agents of SHIELD Season 5, Episode 13 Recap: Principia - March 17, 2018