If you’ve been following the current storylines on Arrow, then you’d know what Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards) is getting herself into. She has already used the information that she was given by Helix to get John Diggle (David Ramsey) out of prison, blackmail a Russian for information and a few other things… but now they’re calling their marker in and with Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) missing, she is willing to do whatever they ask of her as long as she has access to their information. This darker path is certainly going to cause problems in the near future, but there seems to be another side-effect. Felicity is going to find herself better understanding the choice Oliver has had to make, which are the same choices that drove the two of them apart.
Executive producer Marc Guggenheim talked to EW.com about Felicity’s journey and what it means for her.
We’re starting to put her in Oliver’s footsteps a little bit. She’s going to get a chance to experience things a little bit more from Oliver’s perspective. I think the reason they broke up was her difficulty to see things from Oliver’s perspective. They broke up fundamentally because she didn’t trust Oliver, and the reason she didn’t trust Oliver is she couldn’t understand why he made the decisions he made.
Arrow airs Wednesdays at 8 PM on the CW.
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 1, Episode 8 Recap: Blowin’ Up the Spot - June 18, 2018
- Exclusive: J.M. DeMatteis and Mike Cavallero Bring ‘Impossible, Incorporated’ to IDW - June 18, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: The Final Battle of Supergirl vs. Reign - June 18, 2018
- Addressing Those Flash Season 5 Rumors - June 18, 2018
- Showtime Gets Desus & Mero for Weekly Late-Night Show - June 18, 2018