Last year, Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck squared off in a grim and gritty battle that resulted in the biggest March box office opening of all time, with Batman v. Superman earning $166 million during its opening weekend. This year, it looks like a grim and gritty fight to the death (that’s what the movie’s about, right?) between Emma Watson and a CGI-enhanced Dan Stevens could break that record. According to Variety, Beauty and the Beast has already pulled in $63.8 million Friday, putting it on track to top $170 million by the time the dust settles and we have an answer to that age old question: “Do you bleed?” If that happens, Beauty and the Beast will also top another Emma Watson picture, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, to become the seventh highest opening, and it could even be within striking distance of Iron Man 3’s $174 million take.
We’ll keep an eye on things and let you know on Sunday whether Beauty and the Beast has stolen the March box office crown.
- Adventure Time Lives On Comic Form in First Look at Season 11 #2 - October 18, 2018
- It’s Time to Admit There Isn’t a Snyder Cut of Justice League… Because There’s 2 of Them - October 18, 2018
- Get Your First Look at The Great Wiz and the Ruckus Middle-Grade OGN - October 18, 2018
- Uncanny X-Men #1: A New Preview, and Writers’ Finals Words - October 18, 2018
- Earn Your Preview Badge With This First Look at Black Badge #4 - October 18, 2018