Last year, Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck squared off in a grim and gritty battle that resulted in the biggest March box office opening of all time, with Batman v. Superman earning $166 million during its opening weekend. This year, it looks like a grim and gritty fight to the death (that’s what the movie’s about, right?) between Emma Watson and a CGI-enhanced Dan Stevens could break that record. According to Variety, Beauty and the Beast has already pulled in $63.8 million Friday, putting it on track to top $170 million by the time the dust settles and we have an answer to that age old question: “Do you bleed?” If that happens, Beauty and the Beast will also top another Emma Watson picture, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, to become the seventh highest opening, and it could even be within striking distance of Iron Man 3’s $174 million take.
We’ll keep an eye on things and let you know on Sunday whether Beauty and the Beast has stolen the March box office crown.
- Long-Awaited Sequel How to Paint Characters the Marvel Studios Way to Hit Stores in April 2019 - August 16, 2018
- Ninja-K #11 Preview is Perfect Jumping-on Point for Jumping-on Point of Ninja-K #11 - August 16, 2018
- Image Unveils Weatherman #4 Variant by Bengal - August 16, 2018
- Archie Revisits His Roots as Riverdale Goes to War in Archie ’41 Preview - August 16, 2018
- Lightstep: Dark Horse to Publish Miloš Slavković’s Space Opera in November - August 16, 2018