Last year, Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck squared off in a grim and gritty battle that resulted in the biggest March box office opening of all time, with Batman v. Superman earning $166 million during its opening weekend. This year, it looks like a grim and gritty fight to the death (that’s what the movie’s about, right?) between Emma Watson and a CGI-enhanced Dan Stevens could break that record. According to Variety, Beauty and the Beast has already pulled in $63.8 million Friday, putting it on track to top $170 million by the time the dust settles and we have an answer to that age old question: “Do you bleed?” If that happens, Beauty and the Beast will also top another Emma Watson picture, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, to become the seventh highest opening, and it could even be within striking distance of Iron Man 3’s $174 million take.
We’ll keep an eye on things and let you know on Sunday whether Beauty and the Beast has stolen the March box office crown.
- Mark Millar Says DC Movies Fail Because the Characters Aren’t “Cinematic” - February 24, 2018
- In New Mini-Comic, Jughead Shows Archie How to Pre-Order Archie #29 Before FOC - February 24, 2018
- Hit-Girl #1 and Ice Cream Man #2 Get Second Printings - February 24, 2018
- Tenth Doctor Gets a Cover Collection from Titan in July - February 24, 2018
- Watch a Trailer for Peter Milligan and Colin Lorimer’s ‘The Prisoner’ Comic - February 24, 2018