Salt Lake Comic Con has announced that Stan Lee will not be able to attend FanX17 “…due to health reasons. After a second visit to the doctor this morning, he was advised to rest and recuperate rather than risk getting worse.” The ever-busy Lee, who had to cancel last weekend’s appearance at Big Apple Comic Con due to the flu, has maintained an Iron Man-like convention appearance schedule in recent years despite turning 94 years old last December.
This is far from the first time I’ve had this thought in recent years, but — part of me wishes that the legendary Stan the Man would slow down just a bit at this stage of his career, despite being a major draw wherever he goes. On the other hand, the fact that he appears to be insanely productive — and obviously still loves every minute of it — at age 94 is inspirational. My hat’s off to you Stan, and please get well soon.
- SDCC Vintage Comics: Metropolis Collectibles’ Vincent Zurzolo And An Archie Fan’s Dream Comic - July 26, 2017
- What Does Epcot Announcement Mean For Guardians Of The Galaxy 4 And Beyond? - July 15, 2017
- Roswell, The Beginnings Of The UFO Craze And What It Has To Do With DC Comics - July 8, 2017
- Image Comics, Howard Chaykin Issue Apology, Pull Cover For Divided States Of Hysteria #4 - July 1, 2017
- The Secret Origin Of Spider-Man’s “Friendly Neighborhood” - June 26, 2017