Salt Lake Comic Con has announced that Stan Lee will not be able to attend FanX17 “…due to health reasons. After a second visit to the doctor this morning, he was advised to rest and recuperate rather than risk getting worse.” The ever-busy Lee, who had to cancel last weekend’s appearance at Big Apple Comic Con due to the flu, has maintained an Iron Man-like convention appearance schedule in recent years despite turning 94 years old last December.
This is far from the first time I’ve had this thought in recent years, but — part of me wishes that the legendary Stan the Man would slow down just a bit at this stage of his career, despite being a major draw wherever he goes. On the other hand, the fact that he appears to be insanely productive — and obviously still loves every minute of it — at age 94 is inspirational. My hat’s off to you Stan, and please get well soon.
- You Will Never See a Jack Kirby Original Art Double-Page Spread This Cheap Ever Again - March 19, 2018
- Avengers, X-Men, Walking Dead, Oh My — March Madness Comes to this Week’s Comic Connect Event Auction - March 19, 2018
- The Secret History of St. Patrick’s Day Debauchery - March 17, 2018
- Trump’s Biggest Media Play Yet? Disney, Fox, Warner Bros., Universal’s Problems Have Just Begun - February 14, 2018
- Deadpool 2 Trailer: Meet Cable - February 7, 2018