Salt Lake Comic Con has announced that Stan Lee will not be able to attend FanX17 “…due to health reasons. After a second visit to the doctor this morning, he was advised to rest and recuperate rather than risk getting worse.” The ever-busy Lee, who had to cancel last weekend’s appearance at Big Apple Comic Con due to the flu, has maintained an Iron Man-like convention appearance schedule in recent years despite turning 94 years old last December.
This is far from the first time I’ve had this thought in recent years, but — part of me wishes that the legendary Stan the Man would slow down just a bit at this stage of his career, despite being a major draw wherever he goes. On the other hand, the fact that he appears to be insanely productive — and obviously still loves every minute of it — at age 94 is inspirational. My hat’s off to you Stan, and please get well soon.
- Action Comics #1 CGC 8.5 Sells for $2,052,000 After Bidding Resumes at Comic Connect - June 12, 2018
- Do Over: Multi-Million Dollar Action Comics #1 CGC 8.5 Back on the Auction Block Due to Technical Glitch - June 12, 2018
- [UPDATE, Sale Not Final] Action Comics #1 CGC 8.5 Sells for $2,007,500 at Comic Connect - June 11, 2018
- Universal Studios Presentation Live Blog at Cinemacon - April 25, 2018
- Another Take on The Hollywood Reporter Piece on Stan Lee’s Situation #StandByStan - April 10, 2018