Salt Lake Comic Con has announced that Stan Lee will not be able to attend FanX17 “…due to health reasons. After a second visit to the doctor this morning, he was advised to rest and recuperate rather than risk getting worse.” The ever-busy Lee, who had to cancel last weekend’s appearance at Big Apple Comic Con due to the flu, has maintained an Iron Man-like convention appearance schedule in recent years despite turning 94 years old last December.
This is far from the first time I’ve had this thought in recent years, but — part of me wishes that the legendary Stan the Man would slow down just a bit at this stage of his career, despite being a major draw wherever he goes. On the other hand, the fact that he appears to be insanely productive — and obviously still loves every minute of it — at age 94 is inspirational. My hat’s off to you Stan, and please get well soon.
- Walking Around Baltimore Comic-Con – Vintage Comics Edition Part 1 - September 22, 2017
- Science Fiction Author, Columnist, Researcher Jerry Pournelle Dead At 84 - September 9, 2017
- Was Charles Dickens The Man Who Invented Christmas? - September 5, 2017
- What If Tom Cruise Made A Good Movie And Nobody Noticed? - September 3, 2017
- Shazam Movie: What Do Dolph Lundgren, The King Of Sweden, and Doctor Snuggles Have To Do With It? - September 2, 2017