Meta Athena is an Korean Overwatch eSports team that has gotten some recognition over the past year, but not as much as some of the other major groups who have created teams for the game. Until recently, that is, as the team has been pulling out what can only be described as the strangest of strategies that have been killing in at APEX this week. A quick example of their work below, check out how they approach the point-and-escort level of Eichenwalde as the offensive team.
For those of you who don’t play Overwatch, that is an insane route to take to claim the first objective of the match, and they did it with a Mei taking point with the Soldier 75 batting cleanup. Eliminating the entire team through a back-door route before they even bothered to sit on the payload. Compete wrote a more in-depth review of their strategy and how they’ve approached this round, but so far their style is paying off as this morning they trounced Kongdoo Panthera with a final score of 3-0. Every once in a while, it takes a team with a bold strategy to come out of the gate with something no one is expecting and they can make things happen. This may be a team to keep an eye on moving forward.
- Day Of The Devs 2018 Will Return to San Francisco in November - October 19, 2018
- NIS America Introduces Five New Characters to The Caligula Effect: Overdose - October 19, 2018
- Konami Will Add Data Pack 2.0 to PES 2019 Next Week - October 18, 2018
- Check Out the Animals Trailer for Farming Simulator 19 - October 18, 2018
- Daybreak Games Announces All Their Halloween Events in Their Titles - October 18, 2018