Winnebago Graveyard was announced back in April last year at Image Expo.
Written by Steve Niles and drawn by Alison Sampson, it promises to take readers on a plot-twisting road trip filled with mystery this June.
In Winnebago Graveyard #1, an American family traveling on vacation finds themselves stranded in a small town with a sinister secret.
“It can still make your spine tingle with fear when you’re out on your own looking for help in a hellishly scary place,” said Niles. “Winnebago Graveyard is all about that kind of terror.”
This horror-adventure story about a family stuck on a road trip gone terribly awry is filled with creepy fairgrounds, nefarious characters, seedy conspiracies, towns full of satanists, and a teenager. What else could possibly go wrong?
WINNEBAGO GRAVEYARD draws heavily on 1970s horror films, pulling inspiration from America’s dark heart wherever possible. “It’s about 70 percent Americana, slightly heightened, like True Blood, and about 30 percent ripping off of heads,” said Sampson.
WINNEBAGO GRAVEYARD #1 Cover A by Sampson (Diamond Code APR170723) and Cover B by Mingjue Helen Chen (Diamond Code APR170724) hit stores on Wednesday, June 14th. The final order cutoff deadline for comics retailers is Monday, May 22nd.
Here’s a look at the horror to come.
- Comic Store in Your Future: Friday Nights Aren’t Magic Anymore - February 25, 2018
- Lying in the Gutters: It’s February 25th, 2018 – Do You Know Where the Super Sons Are? - February 25, 2018
- A Comic Con with Only Comic Talent in a Mall for Free? Why Not? - February 25, 2018
- Yes, Comics Can Break Your Heart… but They Can Mend It, Too - February 25, 2018
- Trekker: Thirty Years and Counting on the Trail with Mercy St. Clair - February 25, 2018