Winnebago Graveyard was announced back in April last year at Image Expo.
Written by Steve Niles and drawn by Alison Sampson, it promises to take readers on a plot-twisting road trip filled with mystery this June.
In Winnebago Graveyard #1, an American family traveling on vacation finds themselves stranded in a small town with a sinister secret.
“It can still make your spine tingle with fear when you’re out on your own looking for help in a hellishly scary place,” said Niles. “Winnebago Graveyard is all about that kind of terror.”
This horror-adventure story about a family stuck on a road trip gone terribly awry is filled with creepy fairgrounds, nefarious characters, seedy conspiracies, towns full of satanists, and a teenager. What else could possibly go wrong?
WINNEBAGO GRAVEYARD draws heavily on 1970s horror films, pulling inspiration from America’s dark heart wherever possible. “It’s about 70 percent Americana, slightly heightened, like True Blood, and about 30 percent ripping off of heads,” said Sampson.
WINNEBAGO GRAVEYARD #1 Cover A by Sampson (Diamond Code APR170723) and Cover B by Mingjue Helen Chen (Diamond Code APR170724) hit stores on Wednesday, June 14th. The final order cutoff deadline for comics retailers is Monday, May 22nd.
Here’s a look at the horror to come.
- Sarah Kuhn and Alitha Martinez Return to Barbie Comics, in Papercutz January 2019 Solicitations - October 17, 2018
- Dave Sim Parodies X-Men For New Comic, Giant-Size Jingles - October 17, 2018
- Blake Northcott and Donny Tran Launch New ‘What If?’ Line From Aspen in January 2019 Solicits - October 17, 2018
- Null Faeries #1 Launches in Action Lab January 2019 Solicitations - October 17, 2018
- Damian Wayne Gets A Crush – But Not on Crush (Teen Titans #23 Spoilers) - October 17, 2018