Welcome to This Day in Pop Culture History, a daily look at important events, birthdays, and other oddities in pop culture! History is important, and we aim to educate here at Bleeding Cool, so without further ado, here are some things that have happened on March 16, the 75th day of the year:
1850- The Scarlet Letter is published.
1950- The first annual National Book Awards take place.
1961- The Absent-Minded Professor is released in theaters.
Today in gaming, we saw the release of EverQuest (1999), Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life (2004), Unreal Tournament 2004 (2004), and Dynasty Warriors (2005). I was obsessed with EverQuest back in the day, what about you Maddie Ricchiuto?
People still play Everquest I think that says enough there. Dynasty Warriors is another classic.
Today in Bleeding Cool history, in 2012 Alan Moore read from his book Jerusalem. And in 2014 Rich Johnston met Dan Slott and the world didn’t end.
Today’s Birthdays include Anna Atkins 1st person to publish a book with photographic images (1799), Jerry Lewis comedian/actor (1926), Erik Estrada actor (1949), Victor Garber actor (1949), Nancy Wilson musician (1954), Ozzie Newsome athlete (1956), Kate Worley writer (1958), Flavor Flav musician/tv personality (1959), Lauren Graham actress (1967), Alan Tudyk actor (1971)
Let’s end today with some music from one of my mom’s favorite bands, Heart.
- Let’s Take a Look at Funko’s Godzilla Mystery Minis! - June 22, 2018
- Star Wars Sideshow Premium Format Obi-Wan Kenobi Up For Order - June 22, 2018
- Funko SDCC Exclusives Wave 6: Marvel! Plus: Taika Waititi - June 21, 2018
- Masters of the Universe Vintage Figures from Super7 Up for Order Now - June 21, 2018
- Funko SDCC Exclusives Wave 5: Movies and Games! - June 21, 2018